I need help (and that's not easy for me to admit)

Options
I've been yoyoying for 20 years now (wow just writing that is a shocker!). 7 months ago, my second child was born and I decided to start MFP and take advantage of the fact that I was breast feeding to lose weight without restricting too much. I did great for three months and lost 10 kgs. However, three months ago we moved to Tunisia for my husbands's job. I've been eying to maintain the same diet than I did before although that is not easy since not everything is available here. Also there are not calorie indications on food. I have also started eating out of boredom and stress. I'm home with two young kids, one of them who refuses to sleep, and getting around is relatively complicated. Anyway, I realise that the weight has started to creep up again, about 2 kgs. I want to react before it's too late and I realise I need extra motivation. So this is me asking for help. I need to add friends so that I am accountable to others, so please, will you be my friend ? :-) I am usually a very positive person so I'll be a good friend in return!

Replies

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    HEY!!! Pick me! Pick me!!

Girl, I could have written this myself. Actually, I did at one point. I moved to Germany 5 years ago, squeezed out two kids, and put on more weight that I ever thought was possible. And I just couldn't lose it. All the food being different was a huge problem for me. And I felt so isolated and depressed that I turned to baking treats from home to comfort me. I would really love to write more right now, but I've been on MFP all morning, I need to get off my butt and start my day. I'm sending you a friend request. I totally get where you are at right now. Just know the most important thing is that you don't give up!

Hope you are having a (or had) a beautiful day!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    a little bump for my new buddy :drinker:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Add meeeeeee! Seriously. :) I feel your pain and I know that it is a huge help to have supportive friends on here.
  • Toria214
    Toria214 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pick me, pick me!!! :bigsmile: