Should've checked the calories before I ate :/

Options
You'd think a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and a small fry(unsalted) with unsweetened tea isn't that bad right...879cal uhhh FML :explode:

Replies

• SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fries kill you - plus depending on the bread of the sandwich - no surprise. I avoid fries/chips at all costs now-a-days.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh don't you hate that? Before I started here, I thought I was doing not GREAT, but at least moderately okay calorie-wise. The first day here, I ate like usual and tracked it. Whoooooooo! Was I ever off! Just get in some exercise today and keep going. :)
  • TurtlesRule
    Options
    Yep I couldn't agree with you more I mean I rarely ate fast food and haven't touched a carbonated drink in years! Lesson Learned :sad:
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you have some time today to work it off! And drink tons of water to help detox those fries and sodium!
  • TurtlesRule
    Options
    I didn't plan on it but thank you amy I will :bigsmile:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Aw....we've all done it. I ate a small cheeseburger from McDonald's the other day. You know the one - the itsy bitsy one the kids get in a happy meal. 300 calories! Really?! lol
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! That used to happen to me.

To help me out with fast food I bought the Jillian Michaels book on fast food and other food listings.

I keep this in the car. We hardly ever eat fast food anymore, BUT if we are on the run or even if we want Subway, I
    pull out this handy dandy book and it REALLY HELPS!

It has about every fast food calorie amount you can think of from ice cream, burgers, fries etc. Then I have more options
    and I can tell that I can get a wrap or salad or whatever. It is a great tool!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr the bread they use at restaurants! So high cal. Well most of 'em.
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think a good rule of thumb is if the food has the word "fast" in it then it's probably not good for you and high in calories. I assume most people here are using smart phones. Some time back I downloaded an application for the iPhone that lists all the foods for most major fast food restaurants and gives the nutritional breakdown. Have not used it in a while, but could come in handy.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I bet 500 Kcal of that was the fries. if you eat out, you're going to take a hit, but stay away from the fries at all costs.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Dont worry about it...get up, brush yourself off and continue!!

Within the next couple of days/weeks, you will begin to understand what foods work best for you. Maybe plan out your meals and input them into MFP BEFORE you prepare/eat them? Then you will know how things will work out throughout the day.

Tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou:

You will get to experience a food hangover soon....its after weeks of plenty eating you decide to indulge in some fast food and then feel :sick: :sick: :sick: the following day!..

This is a journey that will have its ups and downs but it is bloody well worth it.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    double post! oops :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Dont worry about it...get up, brush yourself off and continue!!

Within the next couple of days/weeks, you will begin to understand what foods work best for you. Maybe plan out your meals and input them into MFP BEFORE you prepare/eat them? Then you will know how things will work out throughout the day.

Tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou:

You will get to experience a food hangover soon....its after weeks of healthy, clean eating you decide to indulge in some fast food and then feel :sick: :sick: :sick: the following day!..

This is a journey that will have its ups and downs but it is bloody well worth it.

Good Luck :flowerforyou: