TMI!!! Ladies Only

Options
MandyH1991
MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
Girls, how do you handle your time of the month cravings??

Replies

• aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I give in and eat some, but when I indulge I hardly ever go above my TDEE, so I don't worry too much about it.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving...and move on.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Halloween-sized chocolate bars. And cubes of low fat cheese.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm in the prelude to Shark Week right now. I eat what I'm craving, but just what fits into my daily goals.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I make sure to save enough cals to eat three oreos on the day before it starts and two days later
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_li0qq6WoOu1qgicz4.gif

EDIT: This is more appropriate

2zel4zs.gif
  • eemitchell1984
    eemitchell1984 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something new for this... I'm allowing myself to have half of whatever treat I would have normally eaten. For example, today I feel like DEATH- I'm irritable, my chest hurts, and I wana sleep, and cry... for no reason. One of the reps at my office brought catered lunches from Panera. I ate the Classic Salad with Chicken. This lunch also came with a cookie. A 440 calorie cookie. I made sure that I drank a large glass of water and ate the ENTIRE salad, had a few bites of the bread roll, and then I ate half the cookie. Yes, i just consumed over 200 calories for half of a cookie.. but it was gooooood. It totally curbed my craving, and by the time I had finished it, I was feeling guilty enough to throw the rest away, but not guilty enough to hate myself for eating half of it.

Its not perfect, but it's definitely progress.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We have little dipping-sauce cups. If I'm being good, I'll fill the little cup with almonds and semisweet chocolate chips. I usually can't finish it all.

I also have chocolate protein powder (Fit frappe from Big Train) that can be prepared hot, cold, or blended. When blended, it tastes like chocolate pudding.

I tend to undereat. So if I do go crazy and eat a lot one day, it brings me closer to TDEE.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had my after dinner dessert after lunch.. Couldn't wait.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    You're 22.

Is this something new to you?
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I make sure to save enough cals to eat three oreos on the day before it starts and two days later

Is that what you crave? Or are you preventing the cravings by having an Oreoplan in place?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    If you use the search function tehre is a whole wealth of threads related to this very topic and which might be useful for you. There is also specific groups geared towards lady bit questions and how to quell the side effects of the red deluge.

best of luck with things!
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    buy smaller size chocolate bars (or whatever you want) then it wont matter if you eat the whole thing whereas is you buy a big bag/pack/bar then you might end up eating way too much.

Plus its okay to allow some treats, right.

:wink:
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This month was especially bad for me. My TOM was this past week and I was SO HUNGRY. Hangry, actually. I wanted ALL THE CARBS. For the most part of kind of went with it. I had a few crappy days and genuinely felt like I would never. feel. full. again but today? I'm not even that hungry! I'm making myself have a piece of fruit before bed to reach my calories. So yeah, I figure it all out evens out so I do treat myself *within reason*. Getting out and about and keeping active helps too but not always possible.
  • ItsJustBeka
    ItsJustBeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bahahaha! Shark week!?!?! Too funny!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    DDMBW.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I eat all the food...sugar...oh god carbs...

5356a6924c658.gif
  • ItsJustBeka
    ItsJustBeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    TDEE? Can someone explain?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Not me I crave red meat.

Then more red meat.

It's high cal and my weight loss stalls, but since I'm losing blood I need to listen to my body when it demands iron.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    replenish your lost irons!!

l.jpg