TMI!!! Ladies Only

Options

Replies

• eemitchell1984
    eemitchell1984 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    supposed to be a Ladies Only post! Go away men!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

foodiefiasco.com

dessertswithbenefits.com
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something new for this... I'm allowing myself to have half of whatever treat I would have normally eaten. For example, today I feel like DEATH- I'm irritable, my chest hurts, and I wana sleep, and cry... for no reason. One of the reps at my office brought catered lunches from Panera. I ate the Classic Salad with Chicken. This lunch also came with a cookie. A 440 calorie cookie. I made sure that I drank a large glass of water and ate the ENTIRE salad, had a few bites of the bread roll, and then I ate half the cookie. Yes, i just consumed over 200 calories for half of a cookie.. but it was gooooood. It totally curbed my craving, and by the time I had finished it, I was feeling guilty enough to throw the rest away, but not guilty enough to hate myself for eating half of it.

Its not perfect, but it's definitely progress.

You're my hero! I want to have your willpower when I grow up! :) Panera cookies are soooo delicious!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cocoa. I use cocoa in my sugar-free smoothie every morning and I don't get chocolate cravings any more... 'cause of the obvious :p I still get cravings to just sit and eat so I make sure to stay full on water. If it's a general sweet-tooth moment, I trick myself with a super "sweet" smoothie made with sweetener and berries.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

It's hard to control who may comment on a thread in the open forums. For a more private conversation and generally more appropriate responses it is better to post in private groups. There is even an entire group devoted to periods.
  • Brookieontop
    Brookieontop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate so badly! I found a few things that curb my cravings:

1) Trader Joes 100 Calorie Dark Chocolate bars
    2) 1 Frozen Banana, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, and 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa poweder. Blend until it looks like ice cream (Also good with powdered PB, almond extract, cinnamon, etc).
    3) A cup of Chobani greek yogurt (I like lemon or strawberry) with a small handfull of dark chocolate chips stirred in
    4) 4oz of fat free chocolate frozen yogurt

If I am craving something savory/salty I can usually curb my cravings with a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.
  • eemitchell1984
    Options
    I'm trying something new for this... I'm allowing myself to have half of whatever treat I would have normally eaten. For example, today I feel like DEATH- I'm irritable, my chest hurts, and I wana sleep, and cry... for no reason. One of the reps at my office brought catered lunches from Panera. I ate the Classic Salad with Chicken. This lunch also came with a cookie. A 440 calorie cookie. I made sure that I drank a large glass of water and ate the ENTIRE salad, had a few bites of the bread roll, and then I ate half the cookie. Yes, i just consumed over 200 calories for half of a cookie.. but it was gooooood. It totally curbed my craving, and by the time I had finished it, I was feeling guilty enough to throw the rest away, but not guilty enough to hate myself for eating half of it.

Its not perfect, but it's definitely progress.

You're my hero! I want to have your willpower when I grow up! :) Panera cookies are soooo delicious!

LOL well thank you! To be honest, I was SO stuffed after eating the salad... that after eating half that cookie, I couldn't have fit the other half anywhere. I sure as hell wasn't going to hide it in my desk for later (like I used to do), so the only other logical place for it was the trash. It was empowering to throw it away! And to help, I left the cookie in the package as I broke it in half to eat. The half I didn't eat never made it out of the wrapper, otherwise, I would have been more likely to buckle. Its funny how making the smallest changes in how we do little things can make such a big impact on our choices.
  • eemitchell1984
    Options

It's hard to control who may comment on a thread in the open forums. For a more private conversation and generally more appropriate responses it is better to post in private groups. There is even an entire group devoted to periods.
    Still figuring all of this out. I need to find those private groups and figure out how to subscribe to them.
    Thanks!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I eat all the food.

havent-eaten-in-aweek.gif
  • klwxx
    klwxx Posts: 39
    Options
    You're 22.

Is this something new to you?

She's asking a polite question to other women. You're an *kitten*.

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You're 22.

post-5848-Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-mem-o17d.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    TDEE? Can someone explain?

TDEE is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure or the basic amount of calories you burn a day on average. Knowing your TDEE is one of the best steps in losing weight because. for the most part, it is all about taking in less calories than you are putting out and the best way do that is to know how many calories you are putting out.

I find this thread to be particularly helpful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    You're 22.

Not at all.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate with a high cacao content is great so don't deny yourself :)

Today I'm struggling so I slowed it down from 1lb per week to 0.5lbs per week for the next few days to take it easier on myself. I'm still eating at a deficit but it's easier to cope with while I'm struggling.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    You're 22.

ooooo.gif
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Is what new to me? Being a normal hormone raging young lady? Nope. Trying to better myself & need some advice for how to control cravings & not kill someone at the same time.. yup. Thanks for asking. :wink:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

Still figuring all of this out. I need to find those private groups and figure out how to subscribe to them.
    Thanks!

No problem. You can simply select the "Groups" link under the community tab at the top of the page and search for whatever subject you like. I found a group for fellow Hashimoto's suffers which I find helpful.

Also, if you select the Message Boards link you will see that at the top, above the various subjects of message boards to choose from will be other options such as "Search". If you ever have a question it is best to start there before starting a new topic. A lot of times when new to the threads and posting a topic that makes a regular occurance (such as this one) you will see some rather harsh or unwelcome remarks made because many of us who have been around the block a time or two are used to seeing certian subjects pop up on a daily and weekly basis. If the search option and your friend's list fail to assist you then it will probably be a good time to post in the open forums.

Just be warned that posting in open forum to solicit assistance leaves your thread to unwelcome comments. take cmments with a grain of salt and try not to take offense because many times these comments can hold quite a bit of truth.

Hopefully this lesson has been helpful. Sorry for being so dull and dry here. lol
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have been eating whatever I want lately. I used to tell myself no and or limit myself on how much of the item I had. Now I do not care and I am just going to eat whatever I want.
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    Handfuls of raisins to curb my sweet tooth cravings. I can use the calories and they are fat free.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I eat all the food.

havent-eaten-in-aweek.gif

gpoy