TMI!!! Men Only

Options

Replies

• RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    *Please note the sarcastic nature of my response before you read it because if I found the right woman I'd love to have this issue*

No woman in my life = no TOM to worry about.

Still, I've never told myself no and if I have a headache it's all the better. At least, my hand isn't craving foods and getting in the way of my fitness goals.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

Do you wanna learn some science!

When people are menstruating, their hormone levels, mainly their mix of estrogen and testosterone, but more estrogen (giving those people typically "womanly" features, etc) go all bonkers - but only so bonkers that their estrogen levels drop, leading to them being more dominated by their now-higher testosterone, the typically "manly" hormone. So basically, whenever dudebros are mocking people for menstruating, what they're saying is "HA-HA, this is the time of month your hormonal makeup is most similar to mine, neener neener!"

More-You-Know.gif

5d7f37ca0f324cd9d945be1649190ca3f6.png
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

When people are menstruating, their hormone levels, mainly their mix of estrogen and testosterone, but more estrogen (giving those people typically "womanly" features, etc) go all bonkers - but only so bonkers that their estrogen levels drop, leading to them being more dominated by their now-higher testosterone, the typically "manly" hormone. So basically, whenever dudebros are mocking people for menstruating, what they're saying is "HA-HA, this is the time of month your hormonal makeup is most similar to mine, neener neener!"

More-You-Know.gif

Oops... Didn't realize that making light of this subject was limited to only XX chromosones. I suck.

epic%20fail_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Shhhhh.gif

less talking, more bleeding
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Oops... Didn't realize that making light of this subject was limited to only XX chromosones. I suck.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings by sharing facts? Your jokes are really funny! Not to mention cutting edge! :flowerforyou:
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Shhhhh.gif

madame-lalaurie-blood.gif
  • moviestarsara
    Options
    What ever the hell she wants!! Just don't hurt me!

I believe this is the correct answer.
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    take her to coach outlet
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    take her to coach outlet

Coach + chocolate = :heart:
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options

5d7f37ca0f324cd9d945be1649190ca3f6.png

1z375gz.png
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You wanna know something really fact-y?? Dudes also have cyclical hormonal fluctuations ... they may not be marked with a specific and visible symptom like menstruation, but they are real and they do happen .... soooo ... really, I think women should lay off dudes a little bit about having a say in conversations about hormonal body changes.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Shhhhh.gif

nowwwwww youre speakin my language

tumblr_m1pqox5W8p1qbdq9so1_500.gif
  • JamericanBoy
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings by sharing facts? Your jokes are really funny! Not to mention cutting edge! :flowerforyou:

Hmmm...

tumblr_lm7ewfVEc51qjpsa6o1_500.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Shhhhh.gif

You just made my day! Lol.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You wanna know something really fact-y?? Dudes also have cyclical hormonal fluctuations ... they may not be marked with a specific and visible symptom like menstruation, but they are real and they do happen .... soooo ... really, I think women should lay off dudes a little bit about having a say in conversations about hormonal body changes.

Seriously? That's actually pretty cool.
  • JamericanBoy
    Options
    Hey, guys!

More-You-Know.gif

Shhhhh.gif

You just made my day! Lol.

are-you-not-entertained.gif
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    24awwgm.jpg
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

[/quote]

How do I teach hubby any part of this lesson?? I don't get any touchy feely during TOM...been married 20 years, it's not new
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Seriously? That's actually pretty cool.

Very little research on it. Only slight fluctuations monthly or seasonally with larger fluctuations during the course of a 24 hour period or over decades. The guy who termed the "irritable male syndrome" expression was a psychoanalyst, not a researcher. Some research confirms his theory though. But it's nothing like a predictable female monthly swing. The only relevant predictable male fluctuation is testosterone production changes throughout the course of a day and declines over a lifetime. Male hormone changes beyond those two periods are not all that predictable.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Anything she wanted when she wanted it is how I used to deal with it and flowers (do NOT forget the flowers ever!). (we are in our sixties now YEA we made it!).

I handled mine with guns and making things go boom and long separations courtesy of the US Army.