Need new cardio!

Options
Can anyone recommend some good cardio workouts?(other then just plan running) I enjoy running, but I get bored with it. Anything I could alternate with running? I just need something to spice up my workout and really get me sweating!

Replies

• MimiRob77
    MimiRob77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba
    Spinning
    Hikiing
    Squash
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Cycling
    Spinning
    Tabata
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I can't stand running, but I have made good progress on my cuts when I do HIIT workouts I alternate walking at 4 and running b/t 9-10 on a treadmill with a 3-4 minute warmup and cool down. I do them every other day in the AM or PM, separate from my lifting workouts.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing

Or any kind of boxing.

Step aerobics.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
  • ChristinaD88
    Options
    Try jumping rope! SOOO Hard and amazing to see how quickly your body responds! 5 minutes is FOREVER, but its good for HIIT workouts! You can do short workouts and the after burn is GREAT! ( your body will continue to burn more calories throughout the day anytime you do HIIT workouts, vs steady rate cardio exercises)
    Hope this helps! Its great to break up the same ole same ole ... also squat jumps make great HIIT workouts and give you a KILLER butt! =)
  • parisallez
    parisallez Posts: 30
    Options
    try woodchoppers for 20 reps at a time, that'll get your HR up.
    or sprints alternating laps in the pool
    or jump roping for 1 minute straight and trying to build up endurance to get 2-3 minutes straight at a time
    or sets of 20 squats
    or try the insanity fit test