I need help.

Options
I am very busy I work in diffrent places and need food Ideas.
I nned to plan my meals for the week but I am at a loss. Please help me. I dont want to gain my weight back if I am on the road alot I will eat fast food.

Replies

• eylbrown
    Options
    Hi there, I'm in a simiar situation.. I carry some low cal snacks in my vehicle with me and in my purse - I also have a little cooler for things like cheese strings and tomoato juice when I'm on the road. When I go into a work place for the day, I bring my groceries rather than a premade lunch sometimes. A bag of salad, a green pepper, celery and whatever else I want to put on it. Other times, I cook over the weekend and put everything away in storage containers for lunches and suppers. I make about 5 different meals so I can have some different things throughout the week and this way if I'm late in coming home for supper, my son can throw one of those in the microwave and have a meal.

The big thing for me is to eat every 2.5 - 3 hrs - something small each time - small yogurt or a cheese string or a snack or some fruit and/or dried nuts to carrry me through. Lunches are a small microwaveable healthy soup and a small wrap, supper is a salad and a protein.. if I eat often throughout the day, I don't need to eat a lot at meal times.

I hope this helps.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Progresso Light and Campbell's Select Harvest Light soups worked for me for lunch.
  • jesshamonko
    Options
    I love your idea about carrying small snacks, I've seriously just started this website and my life is so hectic between being a mom, working and going back to school. It can be crazy sometimes!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I always pack protein bars, nuts, string cheese, and sweet potatoes when I'm on the go. :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I agree that the key is to have good food on hand. I find myself eating worse food when I don't have a plan in place.

Are you on the go between different office sites all of the time or do you have a place you can stop to heat up some lunch? If you are just on the go all of the time, the easiest route may be to pack snack-type foods -- string cheese, cut up carrots/celery/cucumber or fruits, cheese & crackers, yogurt. I'd get a little cooler you can take in the car and use that. There are also some decent fast food choices out there for the days that just won't work out -- but I'd look at websites to get nutrition information and plan those out. Don't just trust that salads are healthy for you! Also, it took me a while to figure out that it is just as easy to swing by a grocery store to pick up some fruit, yogurt or other portable option as it is to go through the drive-through!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I keep little packs of almonds, cans of V8, granola bars, apples, single serving packs of baby carrots, etc. all in my office. Great for at work. I also make a salad in the morning and bring it in a big tupperware, with a little one of dressing on the side (i use salsa as dressing, practically no calories). If you have access to a microwave you can bring a can of soup that has a pop top, like progresso light, or one of those healthy choice meals.
    If you have hot water available, packets of oatmeal or some just-add-water soup cups are good.

Beware of sodium counts on all prepackaged foods though.
  • 0ssum_Bl0ss0m
    0ssum_Bl0ss0m Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find myself caught on the go a lot and have taken to keeping a box of special K bars in my car for those times I don't have time to stop for a proper snack. As others have suggested, keep a snack container or cooler so you are never stuck without snacks. I think the trick is to keep yourself from getting so hungry you don't care what you eat (been there!) and end up making a choice you later regret. :sad:
  • aleslie
    aleslie Posts: 54
    Options
    I eat something every 2.5 - 3 hours. I swear it helps, I wasn't at first, but it really has made a difference. I usually do some protein in my snacks helps keep you full. I love love love cottage cheese :) and yogurt (if you freeze it, it will stay cold all day then thaw out by afternoon for a snack).

Also, I had a job that I moved alot for, I brought just bags of salad and kept them at work, with veggies and dressing.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I go from place to place I am always running late from one place to another. I do benefits and people are always tallking to me which is great but often times I cannot really take a break.

You guys are incredible. I will invest in a small cooler make snack size food and eat while on the road if I can but while I have a few moments on break eat my snacks!!
    Thank you so much I was feeling starved and stressed.