Help!

Options
I did the color blaze about two weeks ago, while the family and I had a blast. I was not even 1k into it and I fell and hurt the ankle I had surgery on a couple of years ago. I have a stage 3 sprain and pulled if not torn tendons. I am down for the count on running for up to six weeks, which I love to do! I need ideas of other exercises I can do that do not involve my ankles. Any help would be awesome!

xox

Cass

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Can you stand or have ro remain seated?
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can stand but I wear this big heavy boot at all times, except when I am in bed.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    May I suggest punches? It is great cardio but requires no lower body movement.

Depending on how the ankle feels, a stationary bike could be a good option for you.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you can stand then I'd suggest boxing, core work & upper body weights. If you can get access to a grinder thats good seated cardio.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I suggest you rest and let your injury heal properly. Exercising in spite of injuries often results in more injuries. I hurt my rotator cuff surfing and figured I could still catch some waves with one arm. Boy did I look stupid wearing 2 slings!
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am trying to rest.. but I hate it. Plus 6 months is a long long time to "rest" I have to get this weight back off..