Goal, Food, Exercise and Net

Options
Okay so in short the numbers at the top..If you have exercise points (or number..idk i call them points) doesnt that subtract from your food which is your net??

i thought thats how its been and last night..my numbers were all mixed up..

Goal 1901
Food 1884
Exercise 216
Net 2100

I've yet to see anyone else have this issue recently..i even searched of mfp or myfitnesspal hashtags on instagram to see if anyone else posted about it ..but others do not look like mine..

or have I just been clueless on how this works??

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    No, your goal is your goal. Your exercise is a credit against your actual food intake.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    No, your goal is your goal. Your exercise is a credit against your actual food intake. These numbers look a bit wonky...hmmmm.....
  • giggalz
    giggalz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    but doesnt it subtract from how much you've eaten to have a net..

i looked on the help section and this is what it says

What are Net Calories?

We set your nutritional target in Net Calories which we define as:

Calories Consumed (Food) - Calories Burned (Exercise) = Net Calories

Edit..so if exercise does subract from food..mine should of read 1668
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes it should have. mfp has decent support, send them an email and they will look into it.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Are you saying there is a problem with what MFP is showing? Can you post a screen grab? Also helpful if you are contacting MFP support like the previous poster suggested :)
  • giggalz
    Options
    Are you saying there is a problem with what MFP is showing? Can you post a screen grab? Also helpful if you are contacting MFP support like the previous poster suggested :)

well trying to figure out..i've sent them an email..asked around..posted on instagram..apparently no one seems to know or know what i'm talking about..or doesnt look at their numbers...

i have no idea how to even post a pic here?
  • giggalz
    Options
    IMG_20140515_170307.jpg

didnt know this was going to post gigantic..and its missing the net number which is -389
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    Are you using a Fitbit or any tracker like it? The only time my exercise #s are ADDED to my food #s is when I haven't reached my expected calorie burn for the day (according to my Fitbit). Just a thought.
  • giggalz
    Options
    Are you using a Fitbit or any tracker like it? The only time my exercise #s are ADDED to my food #s is when I haven't reached my expected calorie burn for the day (according to my Fitbit). Just a thought.

bodymedia...i'm not sure..i've had it since last august..and never noticed the numbers this odd
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    Click on exercise diary & check it out. It sounds like that's what's happening. (If I knew how to post a pic, I'd show an example.)
  • giggalz
    Options
    Click on exercise diary & check it out. It sounds like that's what's happening. (If I knew how to post a pic, I'd show an example.)

i know where you are talking about..not sure what i'm suppose to be looking at specifically??