Need Advice

Options
Hi All!!
I quit smoking almost one year age (Feb 1st) since than I have gained a lot of weight and can't get rid of it. It feels like I just keep gaining! Anyone else btdt? I have gained between 20-30. I want to get back to my 'smoking' weight!! :(

Replies

• kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My mother has quit smoking twice and gained a lot of weight afterwards both times. I've heard that doing the patch helps curb your appetite until you are weened from the nicatine. Not sure if that's true. She had to do adkins to get the weight off the last time. But unfortunately she is back smoking again. Good luck as that is a tough issue!!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    First off CONGRATS ON QUITTING!

That is something i HAVE to do...but first, Im getting my diet and exercise on track so when i quit, at least i'll be in the habits of eating healthy.

Definitely utilize the tools here (food tracker/exercise tracker) and set yourself some goals.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight after I quit smoking, but I'm doing well losing it with MFP. It's hard to overcome the oral fixation, and I still want to eat when I'm stressed. Chew some sugar free gum, or snack on some low cal raw veggies. I know it's hard but it's worth it. Ive been cigarette free for almost 7 years now!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    No advice but I think I just realized where my comfort eating comes from. I stress eat BIG TIME now and when I was smoking I didn't eat as much. How can after 7 years smoke free I only JUST realized that. I blame my weigh gain on my kids (well not them but my pregnancies) but the second I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking. I didn't have good eating habits before children but add that to extra weight gained from pregnancy and that I am getting older and sheesh no wonder I gained so much and it stuck.

Stick it out here and give it your all you will see results for sure :flowerforyou:
  • TarynV
    TarynV Posts: 15
    Options

That is something i HAVE to do...but first, Im getting my diet and exercise on track so when i quit, at least i'll be in the habits of eating healthy.

Definitely utilize the tools here (food tracker/exercise tracker) and set yourself some goals.

Thanks!!
    I gotta suggest that you read the book "Easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr. I know many ppl that have quit after reading it. :) There's nothing to lose by giving it a try!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options

Thanks!!
    I gotta suggest that you read the book "Easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr. I know many ppl that have quit after reading it. :) There's nothing to lose by giving it a try!
    excellent, I will definitely look into it!