Barcode scanner

Options
Hi everybody. I just love the bar code scanner on the smartphone app. Does anybody know how I can save the foods I scan into my desk top. The scanned foods only seem to be on my mobile app but not on my desktop. Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't think they cross over. I have the app on my ipad and android phone - and then use my desktop and they never appear in my recent/frequent foods on the other devices unfortunately. Would be really nice though if they did.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't think they cross over. I have the app on my ipad and android phone - and then use my desktop and they never appear in my recent/frequent foods on the other devices unfortunately. Would be really nice though if they did.

I agree wholeheartedly! I was wondering if I was missing something
  • cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Question - I just discovered the barcode scanner and it seems to scan ok but doesn't add to my meals and I can't seem to find the foods I scanned. Not sure if I am doing something wrong? If I have to scan, then search for what I scanned, I might as well just look it up.
    Is there a way to add it to your diary as you scan it or am I missing something? :flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Question - I just discovered the barcode scanner and it seems to scan ok but doesn't add to my meals and I can't seem to find the foods I scanned. Not sure if I am doing something wrong? If I have to scan, then search for what I scanned, I might as well just look it up.
    Is there a way to add it to your diary as you scan it or am I missing something? :flowerforyou:

hmmm - that's weird. I click the little + sign, then select what meal I am adding the item to, then click the scanner and scan - then click the little checkmark and there it is, right in my meal.
  • guitarplayerbp
    Options
    I'm brand new to this app on my iPhone, downloaded it a couple of days ago. I was surprised to find that I it didn't save my scanned foods . . .say WHAT!

Anyway, here is my work around:
    - I select a meal to enter and then select "Add Food"
    - From the next menu I select "Recipes"
    - Then I tap on "Create a New Recipe"
    - I title the name of the meal the same as the product that I'm scanning and set it for 1 person serving and tap on the Next arrow
    - I tap on "+ Ingredient" and then on the barcode scanner icon on the bottom and scan the product, then on the "+" to save it to the recipe
    - You have to have at least 2 ingredients in a recipe so then I type in "Stevia" into the search field. I select "Stevia In the Raw" and change thenumber of servings to 1/8. Stevia has no calories, no fat etc and by changing it to 1/8 serving it will only register 0.1 carbohydrate.
    - Save it and you now have a scanned ingredient that you can easily retireve
    Cumbersome but it works. I'm not sure what the database will look like over the years and how difficult it will be to manage. Because of this issue, I'm going to conntinue checking out other apps
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ^^ That does sound cumbersome but I actually think it's pretty smart! A lot of people have asked for a "My Groceries" option where they could scan in all their groceries so they could easily retrieve them when it's time to make a meal. This does seem like a cumbersome but potentially workable workaround!

Also I think if you grab a low enough quantity of any ingredient it shouldn't impact the nutritional information of the actual recipe item and could function as the second ingredient decoy/place holder. For instance .001 servings of just about anything theoretically should really be infinitesimal carbs protein fat sodium etc