Building my Support Network

Options
Hello all,

My name is Kate and I am new to this particular site, although not the concept. I successfully lost 40 pounds in a similar way in 2009, but gained it back in 2010. Now I have completed the distractions that derailed me in 2010 and am starting anew. I love the friendly personal support network aspect of this site and am hoping to make some friends for mutual support and encouragement.

This year I began a 2011 weight loss challenge with a couple of local friends, which I think will be a great motivator, especially since I am so competitive! We all did a $100 buy-in to see who can lose the highest percentage of weight (in a healthy manner) by labor day. I think the added combination of real life and MFP support and comrades-in-arms will be great.

Please feel free to friend me if you want another supporter. I look forward to the long road ahead!

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    That's great Kate, actually I'm in a similar boat, where back in 2007 I lost around 40 lbs and have slowly gained it back as well. My friends and I are doing a $10 buy in and our own version of the biggest loser (but no weekly weigh in's, it's begin and end) going for 6 months. I'm not there to make money, just get/stay motivated and get some of my friends moving. Feel free to add me and best wishes to ya \m/
    Jerry
  • katevonr
    Options
    We're doing a monthly weigh-in because some of the friends needed the extra push to stay motivated. I'm also not in it for the money, but committing a large chunk of cash gives that motivation on days when slipping is getting really tempting. The whole, "what do I have to lose" concept.
  • flychigyal
    Options
    Hi Kate, similar story here. I did great the first part of 2010, lost close to 30 lbs then gained it back. I'm not giving up though...if I did it once I can do it again.

My friends are all fit and haven't experienced the struggles that I face, though they are supportive of me. That's one of the reasons that I've turned to this site.