Home Exercise (Total Beginner)

Options
Guys, can any of you recommend good exercises to do at home? Also how do I start? Do I have to divide like cardio, legs, muscle each day? or do I have to do everyone of them everyday? How about rest? I'm really sorry if I asked a lot, i'm a total beginner and I research but found that a lot of them are pointing to each other things and it's confusing. Thank you.

Replies

• maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Skipping. You should try skipping rope. That's what I do when I workout at home. It's not time consuming and you don't need much. It's really effective. I highly recommend it:)
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    and btw, it's important not to push yourself too much on your first day. Rest when you needed
  • noyram23
    noyram23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I been doing running in place for around 15 mins (planning to get a treadmill though), sit ups, and dumbles. It's a bit unorganized though :p and I hope people could share their exercise.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Have a look at fitnessblender.com. You can either create your own plan with their free videos or buy one of their programmes. Since you say you're a complete beginner, I'd either recommend the beginner's programme or sticking to workouts that are difficulty level 1 to 3 (it goes up to 5, which is brutal ^^). I did the beginner's programme in February and really liked it. You can usually modify things to fit your level and they tend to give advice on how to do that as well.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Also go to youtube. There are tons of exercise videos both for cardio and weight lifting.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Check out nerdfitness.com - they have a whole beginner body weight program!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not to buy equipments like treadmill yet. It is better to build your body and mind to do exercise first before purchasing such things - mine ended up with nothing.

I found myself more interested into doing Home DVD's and jogging. A lot of MFP member are following Jillian Michaels DVDs and yest I vouch it helps a lot.
  • traelime
    traelime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Workout DVDs/youtube videos are great and there are so many you can find one that really motivates you. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred Jillian Michaels DVD and am loving it. It's only 25 minutes so I can't complain about not having the time for it.
  • noyram23
    noyram23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Have a look at fitnessblender.com. You can either create your own plan with their free videos or buy one of their programmes. Since you say you're a complete beginner, I'd either recommend the beginner's programme or sticking to workouts that are difficulty level 1 to 3 (it goes up to 5, which is brutal ^^). I did the beginner's programme in February and really liked it. You can usually modify things to fit your level and they tend to give advice on how to do that as well.

This site is good. I did one of there cardio videos for the first time today. You can search for video's and pick difficulty. I did a lvl 2 difficulty video today, and it was a great workout.
  • mammaminor
    mammaminor Posts: 31
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's about 30 minutes of circuit training, complete with warm up and cool down. It's very challenging but I find it very effective!