isagenix

larissa203
larissa203 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi im new to this site and just begun making getting back in shape and being healthier my main goal in life. Can people please give me there option on what they thought about isagenix? Do you really feel a big difference?

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    My mother sold this stuff for about a year. I'm not a huge fan of the cleanse part of it but I do like the shakes for a quick meal replacement every so often. I did the cleanse part a few times, 2 days once or twice and quite a few 1 day cleanses. I didn't feel much of a difference.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    I've not tried it personally, but I know several people who have.

The people that stick with it tend to see great results and speak very highly of the program. Unfortunately, those who can't handle it long-term tend to give up and gain back the weight they've lost, and then some.

My problem with the program is that unless you plan on drinking meal-replacement shakes for the rest of your life ... It doesn't train you how to eat healthier. It takes time to re-wire your brain to instinctively evaluate food based on it's nutritional qualities, and to ween yourself off fast-food. You need to develop sustainable long-term healthy eating habits, and you're not going to be able to do that if you're drinking shakes with the thought that someday you'll be thin and you can eat cheeseburger's again.

That's just my opinion though. I'm sure it works great for some.
  • thanks. For how much its costs i think i'll do something cheaper and focus on retraining myself on proper eating habits first. anyone have a good recommendation on a cheaper cleanse that works so i can try to cleanse my body.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    I've not tried it personally, but I know several people who have.

The people that stick with it tend to see great results and speak very highly of the program. Unfortunately, those who can't handle it long-term tend to give up and gain back the weight they've lost, and then some.

My problem with the program is that unless you plan on drinking meal-replacement shakes for the rest of your life ... It doesn't train you how to eat healthier. It takes time to re-wire your brain to instinctively evaluate food based on it's nutritional qualities, and to ween yourself off fast-food. You need to develop sustainable long-term healthy eating habits, and you're not going to be able to do that if you're drinking shakes with the thought that someday you'll be thin and you can eat cheeseburger's again.

That's just my opinion though. I'm sure it works great for some.
    I agree, I agree, I agree. I've tried shake meal replacement and literally didn't lose a thing. After 5 weeks I figured that the only way is to eat better AND exercise. Check out "Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto. This is the first book that I've read that cleared up my question about when to eat and when to exercise. It depends on the type of exercise. No other book has stated it clearly or mentioned it at all. Ex: Cardio is best done B4 any eating(first thing in the morning) with maybe a little caffeine while resistance/weight training is best done between meals 3-4 or 4-5 and protein drink right after every workout for muscle repair and to avoid excessive soreness.
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    I use and sell Isagenix and I absolutely love it. The shakes and bars are great quick meals. The cleanse for life liquid is something I start each day with. It gives me a little boost that gets me going for the day. I feel better and sleep better when I use it.
This discussion has been closed.