P90X Calorie Burn

Options
Does anyone know the calories burned in the P90X? I looked under Add Excercise and found one but did not know the others.
Is it close to circuit training or other activitys.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The best way to calculate calories burned is with a heart rate monitor. There are inexpensive ones at Wal-Mart that work pretty well. Chest strap is best. Otherwise...You could try to compare it to another exercise, based on activity intensity...If you are working out as hard as you can for an hour...that could be like running for an hour. Less intense would be like walking. This would give you a very general idea of calories burned and it's NOT a good way to do it. But, it's better than nothing I suppose. Or you could trying inputing specific. How many reps of push-up for how long...mfp does have that info stored in there.

Actually the lady that comment before me has a better answer for ya!! Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • Treka
    Treka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is wear a heart rate monitor and put in your actual calories. I can usually get almost 600-700 out of Plyo and then the strengnth is around 450-500 w/o the ab ripper. Bring it!
  • aimstein
    Options
    I'm not sure about the lifting days, but I seem to remember in one of the cardio videos Tony Horton says the cardio workouts are designed to burn around 600 calories. Try looking in the book that comes with the dvd's....I think I found some information in there as well. Hope this helps...Bring it!!!!!
  • aimstein
    Options
    I also very much agree with everyone's advice to get a hrm and recommend using one with a chest strap. I recently purchased a polar and it's amazing!!
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think heart rate monitor may be way to go.
  • zylernjax
    Options
    Sweet. Thanks for that info guys. I might have to buy a heart rate monitor :)
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Be sure that you get one that measures Heart Rate AND calories. Some just measure HR. Also, just for grins and giggles, wear it when you do things like shovel snow or mow the lawn. You'd be surprised how many calories you may burn.