Keto Rocks!

Options
nitrospop
nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
Howdy! My name is Eric and I'm new to this site and new to dieting. I'm 38 and this is the first time I've really tried to eat differently. It all started when I bought a really cool scale. When it reported that I weighed 292, it was no longer a cool scale, but an enemy that must be defeated! I've been drinking Bulletproof Coffee for a month or so just because i like the taste and rarely have time for breakfast. But a week ago I began the Keto/Bulletproof diet. Aside from the occasional carb cravings, this diet is going great! Everything I eat tastes delicious (it's high fat, of course it does!) and I don't miss the sugars one bit. One week into the diet and I'm down 6 pounds. I know that's a lot really fast, so I plan to increase my calorie intake and hopefully level off at about 3 pounds a week.

Replies

• ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You may want to search for KETO groups to find like-minded folks like yourself.
  • fastracker
    fastracker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some could be water weight. Keep it up it will level itself off.
  • sdb111
    sdb111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It s a pretty cool diet... Love the Bullit Proof Coffee. I'm past the bread cravings but can't seem to take in enough protein. Ugh! I still love my chocolate too. Good Job!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • xoTammyox
    xoTammyox Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of KETO. I have a lot of weight to lose. So I'm hoping it helps. I've done some research about this diet plan and spoke to some people at my work who are doing it. They love it. Of course they mentioned the first 1 week was a killer but I just have to get past it.

Good luck to you.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yeah you are losing water weight because of the lack of carbs in your body. That's a good way to start though.
  • brista128
    brista128 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding something that works for you! There are a couple keto/low-carb groups around here (and on Facebook as well) and you may also want to check out r/keto on reddit. :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Great start and a lot of people find keto a great way to maintain a deficit.

1 week is too quick to judge the speed of your loss because you will lose a lot of water weight in the first few days. Give it a month then target a healthy loss rate of 1.5 to 2 lbs max
  • conniesiefken
    Options
    Just started too, will watch your new you
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    In for Keto hate.

(not a fan, to each their own, etc)