Sandwiches.

Everday at lunch I eat a sandwich. Every school day I should say. That's 5 out of 7 days a week. Unless I accidentally forget to make a lunch and I don't eat at all. But aside from that, I isually way like a ham, cheese, and lettuce sandwich. Or a turkey, cheese, and lettuce sandwich. I go super light on the mayonnaise. Like a tsp. if even. But I was wondering if my everyday ham/turkey sandwiches are good, or if peanut butter & jelly would be better. Like JIF peanut butter. I'm sure the peanut butter sandwiches are full of sugars, but I'm sure the turkey/ham is full of calories and fats a/o carbohydrates.

Replies

• PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    I love sandwiches! Why not switch it up, and have all three kinds of sandwiches - whatever suits your fancy that particular day.

If you do go with peanut butter, know that peanut butter is a food item that is commonly measured inaccurately, so I would suggest either using a food scale, or adding on some more calories than you think you are measuring, to account for some of the inaccuracy.

Also, fats are good. Carbs are good. Sugar is good. It is all good as long as it fits in with everything else you eat during the day.
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Both are perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with fats or carbohydrates. As long as you get adequate protein in your diet and stay within your calories, you can eat as much fat as you like.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Both are perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with fats or carbohydrates. As long as you get adequate protein in your diet and stay within your calories, you can eat as much fat as you like.

+1

I am not that into sandwiches so I would get bored with that every day...but there's nothing wrong with it!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    I have sandwich every day for lunch, too. 5 out of 7, just like you. I use spicy mustard instead of mayonnaise. I started skipping the cheese on the sammy and now have a cheese stick. I found a killer deal on bacon, so I've been having BLTs for a couple of weeks. I've seen lots of people recommend avocado instead of mayo, which could be great if you like avocado. :wink:

Mostly I just eat the same kind of sandwhich until the meat runs out, then I buy a different animal and start all over again. You may or may not have the same threshhold for repetition. LOL This is mostly what I rotate in totally random order. And any other meat that could be used easily in a sandwich from dinner the night before.

Bacon
    Ham
    Turkey
    Tuna from a can
    Chicken from a can
    Pulled pork from previous night's crock pot

You get the idea. Me? I tend to stay away from peanut butter sandwiches, since I eat PB straight from the jar. Go for it if you can measure accurately.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Turkey is not going to be full of calories and the ham probably is not either, although you could probably do a calorie count for them. I'd guess more calories for PB&J, although it depends on how you make it and all of them are fine.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    I've switched to these whole wheat wraps that have fewer calories than bread so I can put more stuff in my 'sandwich'! I like to do a couple of slices of deli meat, a slice of cheese, mustard and then a bunch of veggies. Lettuce, avocado and tomato are some favs. Other times I'll just do the deli meat, add avocado, red onion and black beans with a dash of olive oil and vinegar. You could also use the wraps for PB&J, or add eggs and salsa for more of a breakfast burrito. I wrap mine in saran wrap and they make a great lunch!