Very discouraged, feeling frustrated and sad.

Options
I weighed in last weekend at 134.6, and today, the scale read 135.6. :noway: I've been busting my *kitten* for the past two weeks, and to see a gain when I've been eating at my goal (1560) and exercising (running two miles a day, plus 30-60 mins of Blogilates as well as yoga and strength training). Could this just be delayed onset muscle soreness and retaining water? I lost last week, why isn't it showing this week?:explode: Should I expect a woosh drop in a week or two? I am so angry this morning. :sad:

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You have to understand that even when you do everything correctly, your weight loss rate will change from week to week due to issues related to water retention, bowls, hormonal, sodium, etc. This is normal and should be expected. If you have been losing prior to the last week or two then don’t panic. Just stick with your program and give your body time to balance all of this out.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It could be many things - the most obvious being recent high sodium in your food intake and/or hormones/menstrual cycle/water retention. Take a minute to go to my MFP profile page and look at my pictures. I have a 30 day and 90 day trend of my weight. You'll see lots of craziness, but the overall trend is downward. Its just the way the body works.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    1 lb? Absolutely water retention.

Trust me, I know the feeling. Rationally, we all know "1-5 lbs when everything is rigid? Water weight," but it still makes the scale shooting up frightening.

You can either:
    a). Jump on the scale more frequently to see how often the scale moves. I have a specific "Weight Fluctuation" tracker on MFP under "Check-in."

b.) Keep doing what you're doing, ditch the scale, and rely on how you feel and what you see in the mirror for guidance. Mental well-being will hopefully improve!
  • likehemingway
    likehemingway Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :drinker: Feel a little better.
  • seglass1
    seglass1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I so agree in fact my cycle is 2 weekly - water weight for period and then 2 weeks later water weight for ovulation but the weight always comes off the second week. So weekly weight loss is normally - plus 0.5lbs, down 2.5 lbs, plus 0.5lbs, down 2.5lbs so overall am loosing a 1 lb a week but not consistent although like you do an hour of exercise a day!
    I have lost 25 lbs so don;t get disheartened just keep on going next week will be a good loss.
    Oh and drink lots of water to get rid of water - odd but true.:love:
  • likehemingway
    likehemingway Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I so agree in fact my cycle is 2 weekly - water weight for period and then 2 weeks later water weight for ovulation but the weight always comes off the second week. So weekly weight loss is normally - plus 0.5lbs, down 2.5 lbs, plus 0.5lbs, down 2.5lbs so overall am loosing a 1 lb a week but not consistent although like you do an hour of exercise a day!
    I have lost 25 lbs so don;t get disheartened just keep on going next week will be a good loss.
    Oh and drink lots of water to get rid of water - odd but true.:love:

Thanks, this sounds like me, hopefully. Being a lady really sucks sometimes. :flowerforyou: