5 Gluten Myths You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask About

Options
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/gluten-myths-embarrassed/story?id=23645211

I found this article interesting and informative, so I thought I'd share it. A registered dietician at the Cleveland Clinic dispels certain myths about gluten and explains why going gluten-free is only helpful for people with medical reasons to do so.

Replies

• sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Interesting...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Will read later.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Wait...are you telling me a diet fad has turned out to not be true? I don't believe it...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    "You personally can't eat gluten because you just know it."

These are the ones that make me roll my eyes more than anything else.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Gluten is just the current dietary 'bad guy'. There's nothing inherently wrong with it; there's just a few people that have to avoid it for medical reasons. This will pass and then we'll see gluten and eggs giving each other high fives and flipping off the gullible.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Gluten is just the current dietary 'bad guy'. There's nothing inherently wrong with it; there's just a few people that have to avoid it for medical reasons. This will pass and then we'll see gluten and eggs giving each other high fives and flipping off the gullible.

And dairy. Don't forget dairy.
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I'm tired of hearing about people cutting out gluten because they think it makes you fat.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

And dairy. Don't forget dairy.

And sugar.