Is something wrong with my scale

Options
Yesterday morning I weighed 128, this morning 126. But i haven't exercised these two days.

Is there something wrong with my scale and should I get a new one?

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You was holding onto water from the exercise you do

Nope nothing wrong with your scales
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning I weighed 128, this morning 126. But i haven't exercised these two days.

Is there something wrong with my scale and should I get a new one?

yes, there must be something wrong... you're trying to lose weight and you've lost weight... madness, throw them in the bin!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is one liter of water .... or half a liter and a bowel movement .... or any of millions of possible combinations of water, food, waste, possibly clothing, etc.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Seems pretty legit to me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water and eat a meal and it will go back up to 128. Body weight is not static.
  • Alastair007
    Alastair007 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week on the same day and preferably in the morning after your pee / poop and before breakfast and naked. You will drive yourself nuts if you weigh yourself every day or more. As stated above you have 2-7kg of poop in your body at any time and loads of water. your weight will yo-yo but should week on week be fairly consistent.
  • absinthexiii
    absinthexiii Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So much of what the guy above me said!

Weekly is best. The only time you should weigh daily is if you are watching for trends in your body weight. Your body weight will ZIG ZAG alllllll the way down. so it will go up and down as it steadily goes down. And like others said, food, too much water retention, clothes, bloating from pms, ate to much salt the night before, sick, need to have a big poop...Any number of things can make your weight fluctuate not only daily, but sometimes multiple times a day!

Don't worry, you're fine (and so is your scale) :wink:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    There usually is a +-5 pound shift in weight depending on time of day, what you've eaten, and what you've had to drink.