• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    :sick:

Yep X2 :frown:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...

Chocolate is poison for dogs.
    Actually thats not Quite true, some dogs react poorly to it, others do not, - i work with several animal rescues, and have had both sides of the coins on that one .

ETA - i work with 100+ we feed the dogs DUMPED in the swamp & last year i personally saw the strays in the swamp when we go out to feed them , many are eating avocados to stay alive, so its not as bad as all that either.
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump! I'll try anything once! and when someone mentioned adding a nut butter to make it taste like nutella, I'm in!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy!!! I've just discovered how much I love avacado......I've been making my own guacamole lately....never thought of it as a sweet treat too!! They are always on my shopping list each week tho!!
    How much is the calorie content for the 1/4 cup???

My recipe involves 1 hefty avocado, 1/4c cocoa powder, 3TB agave nectar, 1/4c unsweetened almond milk and a wee dash of vanilla extract. This makes it a little smoother than just avocado + cocoa (which will be pretty thick), but at 4 servings, I have it at 143 calories. Not bad at all!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I need to try this!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This also works with squash.
    I grind a tsp of chia seeds and mix it into it to help thicken it...but yum! Dairy free chocolate pudding and I get my veggies in? I'm in. :love:
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump...for making this later
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    NOM! I make a similar one using brown rice syrup to keep the fructose low.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Try putting a tablespoon of almond butter or cashew butter in as well - its like nutella, you can also add a tablespoon of coconut oil to make it more creamy. So delicious as a dip for fruit! Pineapple is my favourite with it and totally satisfies a chocolate craving

This sounds fantastic... there is also a chance it could bring me to utter disgust but still... I'm willing to at least try it on the off chance that it could be heaven.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...

So is avocado! :sick:

As for the recipe... don't knock it until you try it, guys! Avocado shakes are pretty popular in Vietnamese restaurants, and those are a sweeter take (though not with chocolate). Plus, any excuse to eat an avocado...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Actually thats not Quite true, some dogs react poorly to it, others do not, - i work with several animal rescues, and have had both sides of the coins on that one .

ETA - i work with 100+ we feed the dogs DUMPED in the swamp & last year i personally saw the strays in the swamp when we go out to feed them , many are eating avocados to stay alive, so its not as bad as all that either.

Like humans, dogs can be very resilient. However, it's highly dependent on weight--the bigger the dog, the more it can stand up to it. As for chocolate, dark/pure chocolate is specifically what's poison for dogs, which the cocoa powder in this recipe would be most like. Better to err on the side of caution.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will try anything once. You never know. I must say it sounds disgusting though. Hopefully it's awesome and works great with Florida avocados which are large, cheap, and make horrible guacamole.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!!!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make this. Recently, I've been adding avocados to my smoothies and ♥!
  • FitMe758
    Options
    I will try anything once. You never know. I must say it sounds disgusting though. Hopefully it's awesome and works great with Florida avocados which are large, cheap, and make horrible guacamole.

If you are talking about "Slimcados" the large ones with the smooth, lighter green peel; I don't think they will work well because they tend to turn *very* watery when put through the food processor.
  • jc30058
    jc30058 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BUMP...can't wait to try this!!! Thanks!!!!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I have a dumb newbie question...how do you guys imbed someone else's comment in your replies. Can't seem to find a FAQ or how to page on this site.
  • FitMe758
    Options
    I have a dumb newbie question...how do you guys imbed someone else's comment in your replies. Can't seem to find a FAQ or how to page on this site.
    You hit the "Quote" link, instead of "reply"
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    You hit the "Quote" link, instead of "reply"

Thanks!