Slightly hungry yields better weight loss?

Options
Does being hungry before meals help you with weight loss or put you in the contraversial "starvation mode"?

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No, being hungry does not help with weight loss.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    How come?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Nope!

Eating at a deficiency, exercise, and water will generate weight loss and good health.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How come?

Why would it? You lose weight by being on an overall caloric deficit. What would feeling hungry before a meal burn more calories?
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Plus, not feeding your body properly will only make you go into starvation mode. Don't eat when you're bored, eat when you're hungry. Your body knows what's up.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    How come?

Why would it? You lose weight by being on an overall caloric deficit. What would feeling hungry before a meal burn more calories?
    Because it means the calories are burned faster...
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Hunger is just a feeling. It has nothing to due with weight loss. Weight loss is entirely about creating an energy deficit (eating less calories a day then you burn). You can be hungry and gain weight or you can feel full and lose weight, that's all about food choices.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe reading this will help answer your question.

http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/body-burn-fat-hungry-2823.html
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    How come?

tumblr_n17fpt08Co1sj3oxho1_250.gif

How does being hungry burn more calories?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    being Hungry means you're hungry.
  • vismal
    Options
    How come?

Being hungry doesn't mean calories are burned faster. It simply means your hungry.
  • Branstin
    Options
    Which doesn't necessarily equal a calorie deficiency.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    How come?

tumblr_mbt7oerWxu1rxaypuo1_400.gif

Can't be serious
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    No I think the opposite, it tend to yield to overeating and binging. I guess it depends what you mean :huh: : If you are slightly hungry and craving food and its not head hunger when you sit down to eat, thats one thing - thats good and fine and means your adjusting to an eating schedule. BUT if you mean hungry and counting the minutes between eating times because your not satisfied and satiated with your meals that something completely different - thats bad that means that (1) your not eating enough and (2) what your eating is not good, it doesnt contain the proper proteins/ carbs/ fibers to fill you and tied you over to the next meal and THAT leads to overeating and not weight loss.
  • Branstin
    Options
    tumblr_n17fpt08Co1sj3oxho1_250.gif

I sure miss him.
  • vismal
    Options
    Plus, not feeding your body properly will only make you go into starvation mode. Don't eat when you're bored, eat when you're hungry. Your body knows what's up.
    Not true. Hunger is a poor indication of when it is time to eat. Eating when hungry is what got me over 300 lbs. You should eat whenever you want to but make sure your calories are under control. Starvation mode has little scientific evidence to back it up. You must actually starve for it to happen. To actually starve you must eat next to nothing for a very long time.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    agree with above. And also, starvation mode doesn't really have anything to do with "hunger" exactly. If you believe in it (which I personally do but I know many others don't), it is an extended period of time in which you don't give your body enough calories to function on (I believe, though I'm not a doctor or anything). In that state, people usually aren't hungry actually, from what I've read. It's something that takes place after days, weeks or months of eating too few calories, not in depriving yourself when you feel hungry.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wish! I'm hungry right now - maybe I'll be skinny by tonight! :bigsmile:
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating when I'm not hungry. It helps me know that my body is ready for food and I'm not just eating to eat. But when I'm hungry I eat! Ignoring the hunger and dragging it out helps nothing.