Non-boring steak marinades...

Options
Anyone have a steak seasoning/marinade recipe they're willing to share? I recently started incorporating a little red meat back into my diet and I've run out of ideas on how to spice it up a little bit. I'd love to get some new ideas!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oranges and garlic.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Coffee infused butter, maldon
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My husband and I like using this recipe on the cheaper steaks: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/korean-bbq-beef.html

Its really tasty and it uses things that we have in the pantry, so it is easy to throw together.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you need to marinade steak, you don't know how to cook it. The best flavor about steak is steak. Salt and pepper should be all you need for a great cut of steak.
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would grill it after seasoning it with some salt and pepper and make a dipping sauce for the size out of bourbon and molasses.
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey folks!

Here is a marinade that I use all the time and can be used on most meats.

1/4 cup olive oil
    1 cup chicken broth
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon dried basil

Marinade beef, pork, lamb, or chicken in this before throwing it on the grill.

OR

If you are feeling froggy, throw it all in a crock pot on low for 8 hours and BAM! You'll be loving life :)

Enjoy!

~Laura
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My husband and I like using this recipe on the cheaper steaks: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/korean-bbq-beef.html

Its really tasty and it uses things that we have in the pantry, so it is easy to throw together.

Thanks for sharing this! I just bought steak tips last night (major craving + they were on sale) and ended up not marinding them because we were out of the package mixes I normally use (McCormick's low sodium Montreal marinade mix). Now I can pull them back out of the freezer and mix this up! I don't have all the exact ingredients but I think what I have comparable will do nicely. Yay!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't like to marinade, but I sure like a good rub!

I use:

Montreal steak spice
    Onion powder
    Garlic powder
    Brown Sugar
    Oregano
    Red pepper flakes
    Smoked paprika
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Beer? We did a drunken steak last week for our Game of Thrones dinner (thematically appropriate and whatnot). It was just a pale ale and some soy sauce, marinate for 24 hours and then grill.
  • mvedwards87
    mvedwards87 Posts: 19
    Options
    Great ideas, guys! Thanks! And I definitely agree that the best thing about steak is steak :laugh: Maybe I can splurge a little next time and get a really nice NY strip... mmmmmm
  • mlm5537
    mlm5537 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like this recipe: http://www.fabhousewife.com/santa-maria-tri-tip-roast/

It is meant for a tri-tip roast, so would make too much if you are just cooking a couple steaks.

I like this recipe because there is no added salt. And it is DELICIOUS. I marinate my roast in the vinegar mixture and then use the dry rub right before cooking. But I put the dry rub on EVERYTHING. So good.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I like to use a mix of soy sauce, sesame seeds, and a little bit of sugar. Definitely salty, but a nice splurge every now and then!
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you need to marinade steak, you don't know how to cook it. The best flavor about steak is steak. Salt and pepper should be all you need for a great cut of steak.

I would only add a tab of garlic infused butter over it