Are Fruit Smoothies Okay as Snacks on Herbalife

Options
Hello I'm new to this site. I just started the Herbalife Ultimate Program yesterday. Many years ago when I was in my early 30s I had lost 60 lbs on this. Well now I'm 55 and with a permanent back injury, so since 05 when I was injured I've gained the weight back. I am disabled so I'm just not able to do any exercise. Anyway I'm tired of being over weight. I feel depressed because my injury has changed my life drastically, but to be heavy again too. I figured I can't do anything about my injury, but I can try to loose some weight. So as of yesterday I started the Herballife Ultimate Diet, which is the one for people who have more than a few pounds to loose I guess. Anyway I love the shakes and have been doing good on it so far. No side effects ect. My question is does anybody know if it's okay to have a fruit smoothy as a snack in between the shakes? - I'm really determined to stick to this 1000% which may be a little hard as my husband is constantly eating. Oh well I'm going to try.

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    ive never used a product such as herbalife, so my advice may be unwelcome, but i wanted to chime in and let you know that with the help of this site to maintain a healthy caloric deficit, you can totally do this on your own without the unnecessary expense of gimmick like herbalife.
  • Ashado2014
    Ashado2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I appreciate your input it gives me hope.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    As long as you maintain a calorie deficit your snacks can be whatever you want them to be.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    ive never used a product such as herbalife, so my advice may be unwelcome, but i wanted to chime in and let you know that with the help of this site to maintain a healthy caloric deficit, you can totally do this on your own without the unnecessary expense of gimmick like herbalife.

^^^ Yep!!! What this guy said. Ultimately you have to learn to have a healthy relationship with food. If you use MFP to count your calories you can enjoy a variety of foods and not limit yourself to shakes. It will help you develop healthy habits that will last a lifetime!!!

****as far as the fruit smoothie. Beware....that tend to have a lot more calories then if you just opted to eat a piece of fruit.
  • Ashado2014
    Ashado2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can have fruit as snacks, although I would suggest something with protein (cucumber with hummus, turkey breast wrapped with a slice of cheese, an apple with a TBSP natural peanut butter)