any body with 20-40 lbs to lose? Wanna lean up for summer?

Options
smaio777
smaio777 Posts: 21 Member
Hey there,
Just looking to see if anyone would like to join me in starting a buddy system for those who have 20-40 pounds to lose. A nice size group of maybe 10-20 people would be great, or even just a handful. Results always come quicker with support!
Let me know who's in....
I am from Ontario Canada by the way....female, age 43, two boys ages 19 and 13 and I have 30 pounds to lose.
Would be great to get to know others on this site!!
Serena:smile:

Replies

• KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Count me in and add me as a friend! We are the same age (it was so easier to drop weight years ago!)
    Being accountable with peer pressure is a good thing!
  • AwesomeLisa
    AwesomeLisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I live in Mississauga with 3 small boys. Would love to lose 30 and always looking to support / help support.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in too. I have 25-30 lbs to go, and I find groups / challenges keep things interesting haha.
  • smaio777
    Options
    Thanks kellep, AwesomeLisa and GreeniceFloes!

Kellep, yes, was much easier losing the weight years ago....but I am sure with support from others and a community like this, we can lose the weight easier than we think.

AwesomeLisa, wow Mississauga is really close, I live in Cambridge. I used to live in Mississauga for many years before i moved here in '99.

GreeniceFloes, neeat user name, haha. Hope we can all put our heads together and keep things interesting here. Many more heads are better than one!

Does anyone have suggestions as to how we can create challenges or do weigh ins? All ideas welcome!
  • smaio777
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Today is a yoga and cardio day for me. What is everyone else up to? :smile:
  • MOO4ROO
    MOO4ROO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Count me in, I have 31lbs to lose and am struggling to do it by myself
  • smaio777
    Options
    Hi Moo4roo, welcome!
    Thirty pounds or so does seem like a lot in our own eyes, but it actually should take no longer than 3-4 months if we really focus.
    And once the first ten comes off, we will feel great and be extra motivated for the rest!
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    I guess you could start a group where we could do weekly weigh-ins, post our workouts and meal ideas and stuff - or really anything to encourage and motivate one another.
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I don't have any friends in real life to help me on my journey to being healthy and in shape so this is great. Thanks feel free to add me as a friend. Any of you =)
    Cindy
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Me too. about 30 to go!
  • Mememone
    Mememone Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I just saw your post and I also need to loose 30-40 lbs. I also live in small community in Ontario but quite a bit more north, Temiskaming Shores (Haileybury). I certainly need motivation and you are right, in a group it's usually easier. If it's ok with all of you, I would like to join your group.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Me! Me! Me!

I am 56 and I need to lose 40 pounds. I have been on MFP for a couple of years and have only lost 15 pounds....I have maintained so that is ok. Would love some buddies to keep me motivated.

Add me as a friend!

Are you going to start a group?

PS: I live in Olney Maryland
  • MOO4ROO
    MOO4ROO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea as working as a group has got to better than working alone? we could share success stories as well as disappointments and help each other anyway we can
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    GreeniceFloes, neeat user name, haha. Hope we can all put our heads together and keep things interesting here. Many more heads are better than one!
  • smaio777
    Options
    Hi all!

This is great, I didnt anticipate this much response!
    Lets get started,

Rules of this group:

Weigh ins: we will weigh in once per week, on a Saturday morning, starting today
    Workouts: you can login to reprt your workout of the day, or any day you workout, but PLEASE aim to workout at least 3x per week
    Food: please use your online food diary as much as possible...more tracking = greater weight loss.
    Posting comments: this group will be positively motivated, meaning only positive posts
    Support: please encourage each other along your journey here. Athough you WILL recieve support, please also give support
    FUN: we are going to have once a week challenges for you to to during that week and will post your results here.

ANYONE. can and should start a challenge at any time as well as motivate others.

Please post any yummy, healthy recipes that you can share with others.
    LETS GO, GO, GO!
    Good luck every one!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes. I want to "lean up" for summer. But realistically it's already only like 2 weeks away. I don't expect to lose 10 lbs per week much less 20. It's just not reality. Good luck though. I wish you all the luck in your conscious goals of getting the weight off and in your unconscious goals of doing it safely by learning about realistic and safe weight loss expectations and methods. Maybe you can at least reach those goals by the END of summer, that's more realistic and you'll still be ready to look great in the fall fashions. :glasses:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi Moo4roo, welcome!
    Thirty pounds or so does seem like a lot in our own eyes, but it actually should take no longer than 3-4 months if we really focus.
    And once the first ten comes off, we will feel great and be extra motivated for the rest!

I'm sorry does Canadia have different summers than America? Is that over by New Zealand and China? Over here in North America 3-4 months puts us closer to fall than to summer.
  • giftogab
    giftogab Posts: 29
    Options
    count me in. i got about 40 to lose. the more on the journey the merrier. :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    Do we post it all here, or are you panning to start a group, smaio777?

And yes, MyChocolateDiet is right. I'm sure we'll all stick to losing at a moderate deficit in a healthy manner. :drinker:
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join in too! I've got 24lb to go.

I've been on MFP on and off for the last year with varying success but really trying to commit now... I recently did my first 10k (53:27 woohoo!) and have now signed up for a half marathon in September, so even if the weight loss doesn't happen by then I need to stick with the fitness!

I'm in Norfolk (the one in England) and we are enjoying uncharacteristically lovely weather here at the moment :) Going to a family barbecue tonight so I'm going to try and cram in a short run between finishing work and heading out in order to make up for the food-fest later!

Good luck everyone!