Cabin weekend- quick, good-for-you recipies?

Options
vanillacoffee
vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
I am going to my cousin's cottage for the long weekend, with three people who are NOT dieting.
I am doing a fitness challenge, and it is imperative that I stay in my calories.
I have planned out drinking (I dont drink a lot, and I have made good choices for this weekend), but for food:
I don't want to make a huge deal out of eating separate things from everyone, if I do.

What are you suggestions for relatively low cal, or healthy, snacks, or meals? Preferably quick and easy!

For breakfast I will make egg white omelettes, which I love.
All suggestions gratefully accepted!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Shrimp are a great source of protein and not an obvious diet food. I like them steamed with a spicy seafood seasoning. Steam in bag frozen veggies are great anytime and are super quick and easy.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Is there a grill? If so grill some chicken breasts or other lean meat. A pork loin roasted in the oven is great. Make up a big salad and/or veggies to go with it and call it a meal. You can add rice or potatoes, just be sure to watch your portions.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies make a great easy snack. I like the mini peppers or cucumbers or broccoli or anything. Good luck!!