Phone/keys/cash carrier

Options
Similar to the poster who was inquiring about running shirts, I'm looking for something to carry my phone, keys, and cash while I'm walking/jogging. I wouldn't mind an armband, but it might get a little bulky with all of the things I want to carry. Currently it's still chilly enough here in Wisconsin that I'm using a fleece that had zippered pockets, but I'm looking forward to summer when I won't need that. Any suggestions are welcome; thanks!

Replies

• sealionwoman23
    Options
    As a side note, I would probably prefer not to use a belt... I know my options are pretty limited then, but it's worth a shot :)
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I use pockets
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Phone: I use an armband. They're really not that bad.
    Keys: I have them on a lanyard that I wear around my neck and hold while running.
    Cash: I have no advice. If you lend me some, I may be able to give you an idea.
  • sealionwoman23
    Options
    Yeah, pockets would be great but unfortunately a lot of women's exercise apparel doesn't have pockets or there are just tiny pockets that don't really do any good.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I personally try to carry as few things as possible, regardless of weather I am working out inside or out. But, I have been trying to find something myself to make it a little easier to carry my keys and my id for when I run outside. I have found something called flipbelt that looks pretty cool. Saw it last year as a vedor during The Color Run but did not buy it. Have started looking for it again, and have found their website. Haven't ordered it yet. I was hoping to run across it somewhere like a running store, sports store, etc, so I don't have to order online and wait for shipping, plus then I can get my hands on it and really check it out before I purchase it.

Other than depending on where/what I am doing, I just carry my phone which sometimes I put in an arm band, sometimes I just hold.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Cash: I have no advice. If you lend me some, I may be able to give you an idea.

^^ This!

Although I wouldn't normally carry cash with me -- haven't really had much reason to since I don't typically run places where I would need it and once I get back in my car I would have my debit card with me. The last time I needed cash when I did a 5K where I thought I might want to buy something from a vendor or have lunch with the girls afterwards, I put it in my bra.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I quit carrying so much stuff.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Man...back when I was little, they had shoes that had pockets in the side--I think they were intended for keys/money. Someone should get on that kind of design again! :)

Personally, when I'm out walking, I put my phone in an armband so I can listen to music. I safety-pin my key (just the one I need) to the waistband of my pants. I rarely carry cash with me when I go walking or running--if I do for some odd reason, it goes in my bra. :)

ETA: Yes, I know the pinned key sounds super strange...really it works quite well! :)
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I quit carrying so much stuff myself. but they do have phone cases that have a palm strap. I have heard most people say it doesn't bother them.

but I would go to your local running store and try out there cases there. they usually have pockets where you can put your keys and other small things.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options
    look at hips-sisters.

http://hipssister.com/
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    before i switched to a running belt i had a shoe wallet - it had a clip on the back that you slid through your laces to keep it in place. not very big (won't hold a phone), but can handle cash/keys/ID.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I use a spibelt - it's small but it expands to fit a ton of stuff.

I also saw this at an expo once: http://www.theroosport.com
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I carry my ID and phone in my armband. There is a slot for a key where I will put my house key if I am just running from home. If I am going somewhere else to run, like a race or trails I will tie my car key to my shoelaces and leave the rest of the keys in the car. If I am running somewhere that I might need money then I stick a little cash in my armband as well.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

ETA: Yes, I know the pinned key sounds super strange...really it works quite well! :)

I actually think that sounds AWESOME!

Edited for ridiculous quote fail
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Maybe a cycling jersey would work for you. Most of them have three pockets in the back and they are big enough that I carry my phone, and keys. Some even have a zipper pocket for cash or cards. Also, I like Athleta's Presto shorts because they have mesh pockets on each side that are big enough for key and phone and things stay against your body and don't move.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options

I have one. it doesn't work well for men's shorts with elastic band. it's made more for women's yoga pants.
  • pic3a
    pic3a Posts: 7
    Options
    There's also the Waist Belt from OverBoard - this might be a good option for some people. Use it for SUP, running, swimming, kayaking/boating etc.

Here's a link: http://www.overboardcanada.ca/waterproof-multipurpose-belt-pack.html#
  • KBClimber
    KBClimber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always just take my house key/car key off of the key chain and it either fits in my armband, pocket of my running shorts on gets tied on my shoes. As far as armbands, you can definitely fit some cash as well as your phone in there. I sometimes take my credit card and ID with me on longer runs, just in case. I also have a really great REI hydration pack that I use for long runs and when I run to work that will fit my wallet, water in a hydration bladder, my keys, phone, key card, a smoothie for breakfast when i get there, and even a light jacket. Probably a little more than you are looking for though :)
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I wear men's shorts. They're longer and have real pockets.

The North Face Stow-N-Go sports bra has a built-in pocket. Actually, the whole front half has a pocket panel, with an extra smaller spot for one key.

The Chums Water Jet water bottle with a gripper thingy which has a pocket.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Cash...I sometimes stick an emergency ten dollar bill in my bra. :smile: Phone has been there as well, but if you're sweating that won't be ideal.