I haven't weighed myself in over 2 months!

Options
And I'm still alive! I've really decided to break up with my scale, and I've never been happier. Since my main goal is just to fit into my clothes well- and I KNOW what fits the way it's supposed to and when I need to buckle down on my eating/workouts. Just wanted to share since I am not letting the scale rule my life anymore!

Replies

• kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i approve
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    I am exactly the same as you.
    My scales ended up in the trees with the squirrels some time ago and now rely on measuring only as well as clothes fit.

Great work.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. The scale is a dirty liar anyway....
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done!

For me though, I like to weigh once in a while to make sure I'm not putting weight back on...
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!

I would love to demolish the scale, but I just can't bring myself to do it.... :frown:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Once a year is enough for me to step on the scale!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. I've not weighed myself since the beginning of March.

Coincidentally, I've also not hated myself since the beginning of March.
    :happy:
    And I'm still alive! I've really decided to break up with my scale, and I've never been happier. Since my main goal is just to fit into my clothes well- and I KNOW what fits the way it's supposed to and when I need to buckle down on my eating/workouts. Just wanted to share since I am not letting the scale rule my life anymore!
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As long as you're able to stay accountable through other means :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Me too. I haven't logged for a long time either, but I am exercising every day and watching what I eat. My size 12 pants was becoming tight, and now that I am back on the exercise trial (and winter is finally behind me), I am back into size 10 pants, due to my teams members on in the 3500 calories per week group - really keep me focus and pushing to get those 3500 exercise calories in.

I am just frustrated with all the food on my list and not being able to delete them. It seems to take forever to find an item. I would really love if there was a way to delete all my foods and start afresh.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    grats!
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I don't even have a scale at home anymore. I'm doing New rules of lifting for women, so I made a deal with myself to only weigh at the end of each stage. I just weighed myself (at work) last week after finishing stage 1, just to be sure I was eating enough. I don't think I'll ever buy a scale again... :-)
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think we all know when we are gaining weight, even when we're not using the scale. Plus the scale doesn't take into account the whole fat-loss vs. muscle gain thing and your clothes do! Good for you!
  • hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a killer nsv me lol, love it, cant wait to get to a day where my scale and I do not talk anymore.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Can people on here still not grasp the fact that weight loss isn't linear?
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I own a scale and rarely use it. I weigh in every week at Cardiac Rehab. That's what I go by. By watching my sugar and sodium intake, I have lost 12 lbs. The most I have lost so far on MFP. Drs. want 20 lbs. off for now, so I'm close. Have a great weekend.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    :noway:

may we all reach that level of honesty and trust in ourselves lol :drinker:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I still have a lot to lose, so it may be different for myself, but I weigh myself daily and use the data to make cool graphs. Sure the graph zigzags but that's what linear regression/moving averages are for. :)
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in over a year. My husband pointed out that I was addicted to it one day when we had "a talk" about my weight loss, and he was upset stating that I was "more than a number" on that scale, and I would be weighing myself 5-10 times a day....so out the door it went! and I honestly feel alot less stressed about it....

But still frustrated that everything asks my weight in order to get accurate results...I really have no clue
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    Options
    When I am at goal I won't weigh myself anymore.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Yep packed mine away on Monday,
    Enough is enough!

If Im eating my correct calories and working out it will come
    Why should I care what my gravitational force on the earth is, doesnt make me look any sexier lol.