Can I share a dish that I have made with another member?

Options
Nedra19455
Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
I often make and log food using the recipe builder. My husband eats it too and he's also using MFP as his food diary. I can't seem to find a way to "share" a meal with him, though. Does that make sense? Like, I'd like to be able to make a recipe, log it for myself, and then somehow send it to him so he can log it too without having to re-enter it into his own database. There's got to be a way to do this, right?

Replies

• kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You would think, but mfp has already come a LONG way from when I joined about 9 short months ago...so far, I haven't found a way to share a recipe...so...that being said...bump?? :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    once you've saved it to your own recipes and know the macros you can add it to your database as a food and input all the macros and click "share with other members" or soemthing like that.

then he can select ur food and add it to his day. it won't be the full recipe but it will be the database "food" as you recorded it.
  • MRL_74
    MRL_74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If he can access your diary, he can go to your food diary, click on "quick tools" below the meal, and select copy to today. If you've eaten things that he didn't during that meal, he can just delete from his own diary once they are copied over.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    An option I used when visiting family:
    When we ate together I waited for my brother to log the meal and then I would use the "quick tools" to copy it to my diary. That should be simple for your hubby if you're eating the same meal.

ETA The girl above me types faster :tongue:
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Get all the calorie & macros info, go to my foods, click add food, enter info, click share with with other members, save and done.