Scared noob with trust issues in need of concrete support!

Options
Hi! So... I said it... I'm scared, of myself. I have trust issues, towards myself. I have done pretty much most "diet" plans, I have exercised and I have slacked and I just haven't found my niche! I have some support, but I need true support. The kind that comes from people in the same flippin spot I'm in and understand every tear, every frustration, every pang of shame or regret or self loathing or embarrassment one can feel when over weight and deathly tired of it.
I have gone through SO much BS in the last few years (as many people have in their own ways) but the one thing that ALWAYS bothers me is my weight and quite simply my lack of motivation, stick-to-itness, short term sacrifices for long term goals, trust and belief in myself and if one more person says "you're too pretty to be fat"... I may possibly get my eyes stuck up in my head from rolling them.
I NEED HELP! A partner, a confidant, a commander, a guide, a friend who has been there, done that, has the t-shirt!! Anyone willing to go along for this long ride and help a girl out? I'm loyal and quite pleasant, just very.... scared right now and I want to fix this while I'm still in my 30's and can get out there and rock a flippin bikini!

Many thanks you wonderful people!!
Fic

Replies

• 65byJuly
    65byJuly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just joined myself on Wednesday. I love the fact that you put it all out there! Get out of my head...lol. I feel the same. I have heard the words you would be gorgeous if you just lost the weight. Really! I have been gung ho for three days now and I'm actually worried about quitting, even though I don't want to! My, as you say, stick-to-itness seems to be broken also. I start and stop then sabotage. But I am now 40 and did this all through my 30's so let's get this done now!! I am tired of being embarrassed, not joining in on activities, avoiding people and places because of something I choose not to control. Our weight is probably the only thing we have left to control. Plus I want to post pics for Flex Friday. ;)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hey there scared noob, I know what you are feeling tho my bikini days are far from over. I am no expert but will gladly be there for support. We can hang in there together and not be afraid.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am sure I know how you feel. And I would be more than happy to help you stay on track! I know the feelings of frustration, anger, disappointment, etc. I've struggled with weight for as long as I have been alive, honestly. But I am determined...I am not giving up. And I would be happy to help encourage the same from you. I will add you to friends, and you can message me anytime!! :-)
  • jeanbattalia
    jeanbattalia Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! So... I said it... I'm scared, of myself. I have trust issues, towards myself. I have done pretty much most "diet" plans, I have exercised and I have slacked and I just haven't found my niche! I have some support, but I need true support. The kind that comes from people in the same flippin spot I'm in and understand every tear, every frustration, every pang of shame or regret or self loathing or embarrassment one can feel when over weight and deathly tired of it.
    I have gone through SO much BS in the last few years (as many people have in their own ways) but the one thing that ALWAYS bothers me is my weight and quite simply my lack of motivation, stick-to-itness, short term sacrifices for long term goals, trust and belief in myself and if one more person says "you're too pretty to be fat"... I may possibly get my eyes stuck up in my head from rolling them.
    I NEED HELP! A partner, a confidant, a commander, a guide, a friend who has been there, done that, has the t-shirt!! Anyone willing to go along for this long ride and help a girl out? I'm loyal and quite pleasant, just very.... scared right now and I want to fix this while I'm still in my 30's and can get out there and rock a flippin bikini!

Many thanks you wonderful people!!
    Fic

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was that my mom was 70 when she passed and prior to getting diagnosed with cancer about a year before, she rocked a bikini (and looked pretty damned good). She did not have body surgery and although she wasn't as tight as someone would be in their 20's, 30's, 40's etc., she kept herself in shape. So, yeah, now is the time to do this (why put it off), but girrrrllll! I plan to wear a bikini as long as I can.

I am in my 30's and I don't have the t-shirt (because I think of the ones with the t-shirt as those that have met their goal), but I am working on it and can relate to all the "usual" stuff that people feel. It's those feelings that finally got my butt going because I just couldn't stand to feel the shame and self-loathing anymore. I started awhile back, but now, I am actually doing things pretty seriously (I was off track for a few weeks, but been back on track). I want this to be about a lifestyle. I don't want to die because of poor habits.

Friend me if you'd like. I am down to support you!

Jean