Fitbit Users - Which is best: Flex or One?

Options
Hi All,

Looking into getting a Fitbit...and feeling overwhelmed with which one to get. Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• tralaf
    tralaf Posts: 10
    Options
    I bought the flex, and wish I had bought the one. The reason is that I don't find the flex reads my steps very well, I have to clip it to my top when I exercise to get a more accurate read on my steps. Otherwise I love the fitbit.
  • celphiee
    celphiee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my One! It not only counts step but also counts stairs climbed, just throw it in your pocket or clip it to whatever and go.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've only used the One so I can't give a balanced opinion but I love it. I just clip it to my bra and go about my day. The step counts seems accurate when I've counted paces.

People with the Flex have said readings can be over-inflated owing to arm movements.
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my flex. So far it seems to do everything I want it to do. Easy and comfortable to wear (it did take a week to get used to wearing it all the time.) I like changing the bands to different colors. Easy to clean. It seems very accurate for my walking. I love how it links up to MFP. It is a pedometer so I don't count on it for accurate readings when I am doing a work out video, I just use another app on my phone that syncs to MFP. For me it is a very visible reminder to stay on track with my goals.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It really comes down to personal preference.

There are two slight differences in what they do.
    The One will count stairs climbed, Flex will not. However, this doesn't factor into calories burned, so it's just whether or not you like having that metric.
    The Flex will allow you to set a goal, has a set of 4 lights that consecutively light as you progress, and then it buzzes when you when you've reach the goal. The One does not have this goal setting. Instead, it has a readable output on the device. To see actual steps/calories burned/etc. on a Flex, you have to look at an app or online.

Other than that, it's a matter of:
    Do you want others to see it? Flex on your wrist will be seen. You can keep the One hidden.
    Are you prone to losing things or forgetful? Some people have lost their one or forgotten it on their clothes and washed it. If you think this is something likely to happen to you (the One clip is not loose, but it can fall out of a pocket, for example), you might want to consider the Flex.

Edit: I have a One partly because I didn't want it seen and partly because I was concerned a wristband would interfere with my golf game since I take off my watch to golf.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had the One and LOVED it, until I took it on an open water swim during a practice for my first TRI (oops) I used it for 16 months with no issue. My husband started with the flex and then moved up to the force and he likes them both. He can leave them on through the shower and not worry. The force will also count stairs. He has complained that if he pushes the stroller the counts aren't correct...compared to me walking right next to him, but other than that he really likes the wrist aspect of it

I'm contemplating getting another One or something new that will also do heart rate during cardio...we'll see! Good luck!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on what features you want.

I have the One and love it. I wear it on my waist/pocket area - its always with me. Discreet, doesn't 'have' to show. And I don't like wearing things on my wrist...
  • backflip2
    backflip2 Posts: 17
    Options
    What about One vs Zip?
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    From what I understand the zip just doesn't count stairs or sleep. I stopped using the sleep feature after several months but the stairs were important to me. I run a lot of trails and it helped me to know how much up I was doing. Not as accurate as doing a GPS watch (future wish list item) but it gave me a good idea of one trail vs another.
  • backflip2
    backflip2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm not interested into monitoring my sleep and I don't know if counting stairs would be helpful... does it change the burned calories that the fitbit registers?
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't care how many stairs I've climbed in a day and I don't give a hoot about sleep tracking. The price is cheaper, the device is smaller, best money I've ever spent!
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. A friend has the Force and it tells her she has climbed like 32 flights of stairs each day when in reality she has not climbed any at all.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    started with the zip , switched to flex, though remembering to charge is a pain and i dont use to sleep track ,i have not lost or misplaced this one at all. and i dont have stairs to track , so thats never been an issue
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I clip it to my bra and nobody knows it's there :) Also now that I have a HRM, I checked and the calories burned when I'm doing the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD's are very similar between my HRM and my One.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't care how many stairs I've climbed in a day and I don't give a hoot about sleep tracking. The price is cheaper, the device is smaller, best money I've ever spent!
    Same here. I'm rarely around stairs, and didn't need sleep tracking, so the Zip is perfect for me. I like that it's out of sight - clips to my bra and stays secure all day, even on my longest or fastest runs. I liked that it was cheaper too, picked up a brand new one on eBay for about 38 bucks.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Neither! Go with a polar loop with HRM strap. Does everything a fitbit does but better, with the added benefit of the HRM for your workouts.
  • Alexandra_S
    Alexandra_S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a Fitbit and it's definitely will be the One. Flex looks nice, but its design goes only with a sporty outfit. You can't wear it with a dress. And you can wear Fitbit One all the time and nobody will notice.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I say go with the one. There was a post on here where someone wore both the one and the flex everyday for a few days and compared the data and the fitbit flex was literally thousands of steps off, which in turn messed with calorie estimations and everything else.

Plus for me anyway, always having something on my wrist is annoying. When I get sweaty I can feel it rubbing and I'm always adjusting it and in my line of work (Caregiving) it's a big NO GO for obvious reasons. The fitbit one is the most accurate AND stays hidden. I barely ever notice it
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and love it. I don't miss the ability of it counting stairs.

When I bought it, I had to decide between the Flex and the One and the reason I went for the Flex was that I personally prefer wearing it around the wrist. I just know I'd forget taking the One with me all the time and maybe even accidentally wash it with my laundry.
  • RiverRun61
    RiverRun61 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love my One... wear it every day and it really helps motivate me to move and take more stairs. I don't have any need for sleep tracking so can't speak to that, but I can say that the One tracks accurately when compared with my old mechanical pedometer.