American Expats!

Options
123457»

Replies

• sarae1952
    sarae1952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, All-I'm from the U.S. but have been living in the UK for almost four years...married a Brit. Unfortunately, I've also put on 30 pounds in four years with the different lifestyle and eating habits. I joined a Clean Eating group on fb a few weeks ago and have been sticking to the diet, losing ten pounds so far AND feeling great. And one of my notable talents is ranting about the UK. :smile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about having a group where we can post our "expat rants", helpful tips, and such? :smile:
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    american, permanently relocated to Glasgow! Would like more Euro/UK friends!
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Deleted as i forgot you need to quate when replying or it might not make sense!
  • setee77
    setee77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    American living in India for 11 years. Came for social work and found love. Now married to an Indian for four years with two gorgeous babies! So happy to see this post! Anyone out there on this side of the world? I see most of you are in Europe. Will be following but rarely ever post, Maybe I will start doing it more often. All the best to everyone on your journeys. :smile:
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Any American expats in Australia? Or am I the only one who ended up on this side of the planet?
  • lugiagirl249
    lugiagirl249 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about having a group where we can post our "expat rants", helpful tips, and such? :smile:

Yes! Great idea!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Canadian living in Australia for the last few years but I also lived in Europe (Germany, Austria, France and Poland) for about 10 years. I have also lived in the US and Central America. Planning on returning to Canada next year.
  • Linnie57
    Linnie57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Linnie and I'm an ex-pat American living in New Zealand for the past 17 years. Would love to join the ex-pat group! I have plenty of rants! lol I've only been active on MFP for the past 8 days or so, so I'm in need a a lot of friends. I'm also following low carb, tying to keep below 20 carbs a day. Please add me as a friend!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-pat again for the second time. Moved from the US to Sweden, got married, ended up moving back to the US for a few years, and now we find ourselves in Canada. Feel free to add me. Being an ex-pat in Sweden is def something I am familiar with!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I am a Canadian expat living in Switzerland.....I know I'm not American, but close enough, I think. I have been here for a year now. Moved here with my Swiss husband. Please feel free to add me! I would love to have some fellow expat friends, as it can get a bit lonely over here.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm back in the US after 6 or so years in Japan and some time in Hong Kong. I miss walking and biking everywhere and I certainly miss the food. Food prices were definitely higher but I was also surprised with how much they went up in the US while I was gone. And taxes? Yes, the US is one of very few countries that gives no break when you move overseas, and the accountants who are able to handle the mess aren't cheap.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Also joined.