any body with 20-40 lbs to lose? Wanna lean up for summer?

Options

Replies

• jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Me! I'm almost 30, mom of 4, in Central Texas, and need to lose 20#.

Had a bit of a set back in April, and am finally ready to get this done!! It's already summer here! Ok, so maybe not *actually*, but we're already in the 80's and have had a few 90's.

I started the 30 day Slimdown yesterday, so, very excited to see what that brings, and definitely need the support/motivation to push through!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'd love to join the crew. I have 20 pounds to lose and would welcome the camaraderie. Please feel free to friend me.
    I live in the nation's capital - the US, that is. I have two teenage girls and work full time. Life is busy. Help with a focus would be great!
    -Melissa
  • Fit4good85
    Fit4good85 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm in! I've got about 20 more lbs to go, I'm currently 131 at 5'2" my goal weight is to be between 110-115. Please feel free send me a friend request!
  • mjpbgtd
    Options
    Hi all!

This is great, I didnt anticipate this much response!
    Lets get started,

Rules of this group:

Weigh ins: we will weigh in once per week, on a Saturday morning, starting today
    Workouts: you can login to reprt your workout of the day, or any day you workout, but PLEASE aim to workout at least 3x per week
    Food: please use your online food diary as much as possible...more tracking = greater weight loss.
    Posting comments: this group will be positively motivated, meaning only positive posts
    Support: please encourage each other along your journey here. Athough you WILL recieve support, please also give support
    FUN: we are going to have once a week challenges for you to to during that week and will post your results here.

ANYONE. can and should start a challenge at any time as well as motivate others.

Please post any yummy, healthy recipes that you can share with others.
    LETS GO, GO, GO!
    Good luck every one!

Are we posting here or are you going to put a group together?
  • MagsScotland
    Options
    Hi me too got 40 to lose
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im in, I have 30pds to loose. Im 37 and live just outside of St. Catharines, ON.
    You should start a group and let us know what you call it so we can all join and hold each other accountable :)
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am in south central texas. I am 39 & would like to lose 20 lbs. I would love to join.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, pick me, pick me! Twinsies!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Do we post it all here, or are you panning to start a group, smaio777?

And yes, MyChocolateDiet is right. I'm sure we'll all stick to losing at a moderate deficit in a healthy manner. :drinker:

I have been seeing this statement on the boards lately and have decided to highlight it any time I come across it. Just because.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Do we post it all here, or are you panning to start a group, smaio777?

And yes, MyChocolateDiet is right. I'm sure we'll all stick to losing at a moderate deficit in a healthy manner. :drinker:

I have been seeing this statement on the boards lately and have decided to highlight it any time I come across it. Just because.

It's a conspiracy
  • smaio777
    smaio777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will start a group but if people can give me their ideas for a name, then I will start one :wink:
  • MommaBranam
    Options
    I'm in. Hmm a group name....
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Lose 30 lbs and you get a cookie? Lose 30 lbs or I'll kick your *kitten*? Lose 30 lbs already.
    More original ideas on their way.
  • mjpbgtd
    Options
    Not great with names but here's a few - 'Lean Up for Summer' (summer being relative, of course), Lean Times, Getting to Lean, Getting Lean for Summer', Canadians and friends getting ready for summer :), Summer Fun Over 40 (I think most of us would fall in that category from my brief/imperfect review).

That's all I got for now. Will keep thinking while I clean the house.
  • smaio777
    Options
    Ha ha ha , funny names, like it so far...keep em commin!
  • BreannaHayes1
    BreannaHayes1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I have about 30ish pound to lose! I'm trying to lose for school. But not in a huge rush!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Well, summer's been here for almost 2 months now, where I live. So I have little to nothing to do with the summer aspect of it. :laugh:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you're still accepting groupies, I'm in the same boat! I have 35-40lbs to lose.
  • sharmilav2
    sharmilav2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever started the group yet?

I just joined this community and am on my second day of Insanity. I have forty pounds to lose and totally agree with the group rules!!!
  • smaio777
    Options
    Fit Buns 'n Guns Club???