Wedding in 1 year

Options
Hi all.

Any help would be great. I am the groom to be and need to lose 2 stone in a year. Can anyone help me please. Not sure what to do . I do like my food which is a negative. Excerises is a little limited due to it aggregates my sensitive intestine system.

Thanks all.

Regards

Rich

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    Is 2 stone equal to 28 lb? ( guessing by your ticker)
    I am in metric so not familiar with finer details of imperial system.

Anyway, if so, 28 lb in a year is just over 2lb per month which is very doable.
    You need to set up calorie goal first and then stick to it, but, yes, your goal seems realistic to me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Any help would be great. I am the groom to be and need to lose 2 stone in a year. Can anyone help me please. Not sure what to do . I do like my food which is a negative. Excerises is a little limited due to it aggregates my sensitive intestine system.

Thanks all.

Regards

Rich
    Rich,

Congratulations!

You don't have much to lose. I would say to set your goals up in MFP (here) to lose .5 pounds a week, weigh food, log everything you eat and work to stay within a calorie deficit.

Exercise is not required to lose weight, just a calorie deficit. .

Also, don't cut anything out--eat whatever you like just eat less of it. Moderation is the key.

Good luck!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    28 lb in one year should be fairly straightforward. I might recommend setting your calorie goals to lose 1 lb per week. 0.5 lb means less margin for error, in case you don't weigh/measure/record food intake properly.

Start here, this will map out everything you need to know:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Agree with GGdaddy. The good news is it is very doable unlike some of the goals we tend to see. Calorie deficit is the key but you really need to be committed to logging everything unless you are in to buying prepackaged foods that list all the calories that may not be that healthy.
  • richwicks
    richwicks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Thank you for all you advice. Wedding is on 23rd may 15 so best I start it. Currently weigh 15 stone 3llb so I hope I do as I want go impress my partner and all the guest as people don't think I will do it.

I will keep you all updated on my progress or add me as a friend.

Thank you again all.

Regards. Rich ????
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

This is the first link every newcomer should read. And check out all the links included in the post as well.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants

28 lbs in a year is absolutely doable. You can keep a 1 lb per week loss goal and consistently and healthily lose the weight. Incorporate some cardio (if you want - it's good for you) and compound lifts (to keep you from losing muscle mass along with fat as you lose weight) a couple of times a week and you are good to go!
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    Congrats Rich!!

As stated above, to lose 2 stone in 1 year means just over half a pound a week weight loss (or two pounds a month). To lose one pound requires 3500 calories worth of deficit. This means that if you ate 500 less than your daily requirements every day, you would lose 1lb a week (500*7=3500). You can work out your daily calorie requirements (or TDEE) here: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

So, if you wanted to lose 0.5lbs a week, thats a deficit of just 250 calories a day, which is very doable indeed! :)

Hope it goes well! Keep us posted
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Rich, it's absolutely doable! I have a LOT more to lose than you and it's also for a wedding in April 2015. However, I started 38 days ago and I've lost 13lbs. I'm still eating most of the foods I ate before I started but, as someone had already said, it's a case of having what you want in moderation. Best wishes! :)
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.... Losing 2stone in a year is very do-able and can probably be done with minimum exercise effort (although you probably would benefit from exercising) if you're really struggling with exercise, try visiting your G.P and talk to him/her about exercises; you could try walking, I lost my first 3stone by walking and eating better, I didn't introduce formal exercise until later (I have IBS and lower back problems so I have to be really careful, but I have found some great exercises to suit my needs).

Feel free to add me, I come online every day and I'm happy to offer assistance if you need it.

Good luck xXx