UK AND TESCO SHOPPER ONLY: Lowest calorie bread?

Options
I've seen this topic talked about before but most of the breads they were mentioning i couldn't purchase them at tescos which is the only supermarket i shop and want to shop at (local and clubcard points etc)

Ive gone from white (93kcal) to brown (88kcal) but its still talking more calories then i would like (I have 2 pieces, not willing to cut down) , im looking at like maybe under 50kcal or just around that :)

Im not looking for alternatives or anything different i just want to know the LOWEST calories FROM tescos, Thanks :)

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Looking on the Tesco website, the Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Loaf is 51calories a slice.
  • natashajayneh
    natashajayneh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking on the Tesco website, the Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Loaf is 51calories a slice.

Thankyou :smile:
  • chocolatemama30
    chocolatemama30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use Hovis Nimble brown bread. Very light, doesnt give you that bulky feeling. Very moreish when toasted though!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I liked the hovis small loaf whole meal which isn't much more than that.

However, while it's a bit fancy for my normal tastes and I really don't care about the fibre over white; earlier today I got some Kingsmill 'crusts away' 50/50 because it was yellow-stickered to 19p*. 47 calories a slice and worked nicely for my burgers.
    Quite tasty bread (I prefer white) considering the low calories.

(*Also got several 4 packs of double choc chip muffins for 15p a pack :D.)
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've switched to warburtons sandwich thins. They are 100 cals per thin - which is sliced in half. so basically 100 cals for 2 slices!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273349129

According to the site they come in brown, white, half/half, free from and seeded and there are tesco own brand ones, although in my tesco I've only ever seen brown or white warburtons ones.

+ they're on offer at the moment! :-)
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Warburtons Wholemeal - 58 calories per slice (small slices though)
  • Bugabugx
    Bugabugx Posts: 4
    Options
    Tesco own Danish loaf... Really low calories and really light bread! Look it up on their website! And on top of that it's not expensive I have a feeling it's 90 something pence
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love the Warburton thins - they're a really good substitute for a burger bun too!
  • glynward
    glynward Posts: 2
    Options
    I actually cut all bread ou, and have had about 7/8 slices in the last 3 month, this was hard for me as I can eat bread with anything, I live alone and was buying at least 2 loafs a week, I personally feel that this as been the biggest thing to drop eating, but it as also been the most beneficial.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I love the Warburton thins - they're a really good substitute for a burger bun too!
    But similar calories to some 'real' bread, yet a chunk smaller than other 'small' loaves.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    But similar calories to some 'real' bread, yet a chunk smaller than other 'small' loaves.

Hmmm I switched to thins a while ago, as I didn't realise there were breads that were this low in calories! Hello again actual bread, my old friend... Off to Tesco methinks!