Challenge till May 31 - 1to2 hr walk & stay under 1800 cals

Options
So I've decided to walk 1 to 2 hours every day and stay under 1800 cals. I will report in daily. Anyone else, feel free to do the same - join in anytime before May 31, 2014.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • 211AndCounting
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 65 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?

Hey, how's it going. I've been walking twice a day (every day) 4 miles each time. I keep a food journal and that really helps me stay on track. Also, I upped my breakfast and lunch by having a serving of fruit and I tell you, that really keeps me from going overboard on the cals in the evening. Any nutrition ideas would be welcome. Awesome weight loss for you - congratulations. I'm hoping to get to about 165 (I'm at about 210 now but my highest was 283 two years ago) .... no race for me though, nice and steady (took years to gain this weight so it won't come off overnight) plus I think if I lost too fast I might have saggy skin problems so anyhow, "weight" to go. We can do this !!!