P.H.A.T.

Options
Snow3y
Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
Hi all, I'm looking for people that have done or are currently doing Layne Norton's PHAT routine, and what success, advice etc they've had? :)

I'm currently on a 6 day, Push Legs Pull rest repeat routine, and have focused only on strength, I'm not ready to go ahead for some serious muscle size, while preserving the strength gains I've made. Diet is of course all in check.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Replies

• Snow3y
    Options
    Bump
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I tried P.H.A.T and it was just way to much volume for me, the hypertrophy days would kill my strengh days a few days later. It might work for you though, personally when people ask me about routines i either advise 5/3/1, DC training or Madcow 5x5 which i'm currently doing! good luck man
  • Snow3y
    Options
    I tried P.H.A.T and it was just way to much volume for me, the hypertrophy days would kill my strengh days a few days later. It might work for you though, personally when people ask me about routines i either advise 5/3/1, DC training or Madcow 5x5 which i'm currently doing! good luck man

I'm quite used to heavy volume in my training, so I don't think that would be an issue for me.. I find 5x5 and 5/3/1 are mostly for strength, not at all for hypertrophy, which I'm aiming to lean more towards
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Bumping for more info/stories
  • fcgfit
    fcgfit Posts: 10
    Options
    Good info and a sample PHAT workout that i got mine from is from Youtube guy called matt ogus i believe that his username is flexforall2. Check it out
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Good info and a sample PHAT workout that i got mine from is from Youtube guy called matt ogus i believe that his username is flexforall2. Check it out

Yep I've followed him a lot through my bodybuilding career.. I just enjoy hearing from a variety of different people, because as we all know not everyone's the same.. and some react different to different programs :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    I have done a custom program that's almost identical. It was between my April and October bodybuilding competitions. I was satisfied with my gains in lean mass and in strength. In that timeframe my weight increased 6 pounds, but calipers showed my body fat decrease. I was also fairly under trained and coming off a very strict cut from January 1st to the end of April.

PhotoGrid_1381545395505_zps593a6333.jpg
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I don't have any photos, but I've done SL, PHAT, GVT, and Shortcut to Shred, and I had better visible results in the time I did PHAT than during any of the other programs. Definitely planning on doing it again at some point in the future. (Right now I'm on a 2-day split. The bulk of my week is taken up currently with swim/bike/run. Some day, definitely going back to it though.)

It was the first hyper routine I'd seen that felt like it had a decent power balance without burning out your CNS too early.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm looking for people that have done or are currently doing Layne Norton's PHAT routine, and what success, advice etc they've had? :)

I'm currently on a 6 day, Push Legs Pull rest repeat routine, and have focused only on strength, I'm not ready to go ahead for some serious muscle size, while preserving the strength gains I've made. Diet is of course all in check.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

would be interested how PHAT is as well in terms of results, BUMPED for more people to see....

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE INFO FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT PHAT IS ALL ABOUT

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm curious? How do u train for strength and not get hypertrophy. Or train for hypertrophy and not get stronger?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    I'm curious? How do u train for strength and not get hypertrophy. Or train for hypertrophy and not get stronger?

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy VS myofibrillar hypertrophy.
  • Snow3y
    Options
    Wow thanks for the replies guys and ladies! I think it is a must for me to give this program a shot, and just modify a little where I have lagging areas!

@usmcmp, thanks so much for the pictures, You've done yourself really well!