Scale

Options
Does anyone have a really good scale that you can recommend? Something digital, preferably with a body fat percentage calculator, that is reasonably priced?

Replies

• I use the "Thinner" brand scale. I bought it at Sears for about $40. It is extreamly accurate and I highly recommend it. :smile:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I got one from Target that is made by Taylor. It has so many different things on it and it was only 39
  • PokenStick
    Options
    I have a "health o meter" that I got from Walmart for $25. I don't really have anything to compare it to so I'm not 100% on how accurate the readings are but it does BMI, BF%, Bone Mass, and hydration level.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    Health O Mart from WalMart. Tested it with some weights and it read true, make sure you use a flat surface.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports Recommended Digital Bathroom Scales (February 2010):
    1. Taylor 7506 $35 Clear glass platform. No tap to turn on. Lifetime warranty.
    2. Tanita HS-302 $60 Solar. No battery. Tap to turn on. 3-year warranty.
    3. Escali B180R (or B180S) $30 Opaque glass platform. Somewhat hard tap to turn on. 5-year warranty.
    4. Tanita HD-357 $65 Just 5/8" thick. Only in red. 3-year warranty.
    5. Weight Watchers (Conair) WW39 $30 Clear glass platform. No low battery indicator. 10-year warranty.
    6. Healthometer Weight Tracking HDM670D-95 $30 Shows last reading, current reading, difference. 5 year warranty.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    We have a Tanita BF-542. We got it probably 10 years ago at Bed, Bath & Beyond I think and it was around $80. It does body fat percentage & weight. I check the weight every once in a while with dumbells and it is always accurate. The body fat percentage varies a lot depending on how hydrated I am. If you read about how these calculate body fat percentage, you'll see that you really need to be hydrated to get an accurate reading.

Oh, the only think I don't really like about ours is that it only has 1/2 lb increments, which is a little frustrating sometimes, but really not that big a deal.

Good luck in your search.