Options
how long is a 5k and where can i find local information about signing up for one?

Replies

• jodes4401
    jodes4401 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    it's 3.14 miles.... =)
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3.1 miles
    active.com

:-)
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    You can go to runnersworld.com and put in your zip code and it will give you information on races in your area :smile:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I like Runcenter.com
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use runnersworld.com, runningintheusa.com. I also use a couple sites that Minnesota specific, which I am sure you can find for where you are at. Great to hear you are thinking about doing a 5k. Running is amazing and racing is even better. Good Luck to you and your journey!
  • andythorn1969
    Options
    Hi,

5k is about 3 miles which, if your fairly fit and have been running for a little while should take around half an hour.

I'm not sure how you would find a 5k fun-run or race as I don't know your location, but if you do a search for running groups in your area they should be able to help.

regards,

Andy
  • mkautumnb
    Options
    Go to active.com and you can plug in your area code. On the right you just drop down to running and it will give you all of the runing events in your area. It will also link you to registration! Good luck! Your first race is so much fun.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    thanks! all of those websites are very helpful! :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    oops i just realized i put this under food and nutrition i must have clicked on the wrong category sorry
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Do a google search for your nearest big city and "runners" and there may be a website for them. Example, in Lake Charles we have Lake Area Runners.