Favorite 1200 Calorie Meal Plans

Options
I'm looking for examples of 1200 calorie meal plans that include 3 healthy meals and 1-2 snacks! It's always good to see what other people like to have for new ideas. I like to eat relatively healthy....fresh fruit, vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats, whole grains, etc. What does 1200 calories a day look like for you ??

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    in for answers. Especially want to hear those who "have hard time to eat up 1200 cal"...I can eat 1200 in one meal...really need to see how others handle this.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    in for answers. Especially want to hear those who "have hard time to eat up 1200 cal"...I can eat 1200 in one meal...really need to see how others handle this.

In for the answers too
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have a daily goal of 1340, and today I ate 1370 which I know is above the 1200 you want to see but that does include extra food to get me out of a hypo (diabetic) so that's 100cals you can discount if the meals were to apply to you. A suggestion I have to help you give yourself more to eat whilst hitting 1200, exercise! I go for brisk walks daily to give me a few extra cals to eat!

I've opened up my diary for you to have a look (:

Emma
  • AngeliqueAcee
    AngeliqueAcee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cals per day. Probably not the "cleanest" diet but tbh I'm already seeing results from just the deficit and I've been on this for a week come Monday! I've been pretty uniform with my eating this week but I'm trying to change things up for next week :)

I eat like a ton of fruits, it's my addiction.

To critisise my diet, I should probably have a bigger dinner with more protein to keep me fuller for longer (I'm a evening snacker) but it's all about fiddling around until you find something that works for you :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, would love to see what other people are eating aswell!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

my favorite 1200 calorie meal was my lunch today. feel free to check it out:)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My favorite 1200 calorie meal plan is probably lunch.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    When I did it two summers ago, I would aim for 900 calories between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 150 calories for two snacks. It wasn't sustainable for me for lasting progress, and I ended up upping them this time around. But it worked for me for a while.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Oh come on....where's the "I'm too stuffed, I can't eat 1200 unless I force myself" people at? Give us your meal plan so I can get some ideas.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh come on....where's the "I'm too stuffed, I can't eat 1200 unless I force myself" people at? Give us your meal plan so I can get some ideas.

I love your screen name :happy:

purple is the best colour and cupcakes are awesome!
  • rmunger94
    rmunger94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank-you emma! i'll take a look at it (:
  • rmunger94
    rmunger94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

lol i feel you
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 cals and up a day (plus I eat back all exercise calories but my NET is around 1200) with one eat up day a week - up to 2080 calories.

Feel free to have a look - it's lots of protein options which is what suits me - can't eat most fruit due to fructose intolerance, and can't eat much wheat either....

What are you trying to achieve? Are you active? 1200 cals may not suit you?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Ha!! I love this!
    OP, I cannot eat only 1200 calories in one day. I get too dang mean and cranky! Probably stick with only chicken and fish for meats? Lots of veggies and fruits. The one time I tried to eat 1200 calories, I couldn't eat much in the way of grains or breads, unless you stick to the 100 calorie bagels.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've been eating more than 1200 lately, since I've been focusing on upping the exercise, but eggs and veggies for breakfast is 200 to 250, a sandwich from a local place, salad with meat, or leftover meat plus veggies is easily 300-400 calories, and dinner of 4 oz of meat (reasonably lean, but could include the right cuts of lamb, pork, beef, fish, or white or dark meat poultry) plus veggies plus either more veggies (including starchier ones like carrots or winter squash) or some carb like potatoes or sweet potatoes or rice is 250 to 500. Add some fruit and low fat dairy to the meals or as snacks, extra veggies as you like, and for me it's pretty satisfying if eventually dull.

My diary is open to friends, but you'd have to go back a bit. I just see how people do it--they cut fat but for that in meat and spray olive oil and they cut carbs. That was my initial instinct too, and how I thought of dieting before I started counting. It was fewer calories than I assumed.