Anyone else workout really late?

Options
Boxing987
Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
I usually do my workouts around 11pm -12am, anyone else do it this late? Is there any studies showing that working out this late is bad for you? I usually workout late, have a small meal after and then sleep

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I used to hit the gym straight after a night shift... as long as you give yourself time to relax after it... sometimes it can be beneficial, I always slept so much better after!

All the best!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I perfer to workout late.. 11pm-1 am the gym isn't crowded. ( less of the standing in the squat rack on the phone for 10 min crowd) get my post workout meal in relax a little bit and crash..
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I always workout late at night every wed, thur and sat night around 3am. I have not read a study or anything about it being bad. I usually don't eat after though just go straight to bed or back to work. Besides I always have the most energy around that time anyway.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep at a consistent time, so the time of day I workout can vary greatly. I've worked out in the evening, at midnight, in the morning, and every hour in between. More often than not though, I tend to have more energy late at night. There's something incredibly peaceful about sitting in the dark and enjoying a post-workout high.
  • getfitwithlee
    getfitwithlee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not usually but I just did, i think will start now .... it feels better for some odd reason.
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow kersh 3am damn lol