How long should you cleanse?

Options
Thinking about starting a 7 day cleanse tomorrow, what the maximum number of days should I go? Someone told me about a 30 day cleanse, is that even safe? And if so which ones do you use?

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If you don't have kidney/liver problems, the maximum days you should cleanse is zero.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    My advice is not to "cleanse" at all, because its stupid and does nothing. Its actually bad for you.

Cleansing is something you do in the shower. Your body doesn't work that way.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    none.png

"Cleanses" are totally pointless and do absolutely nothing
  • Tattiedprettymomma
    Options
    go for it , its a good idea im gonna google it look into it and try it too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Nikki, why exactly is it a good idea?
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. That's how long.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    No.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    :noway: 0 days

Unless you want to lose water weight before a weeding, otherwise you will be :brokenheart: when you put real food in your mouth and the scale goes back up

My sister in law did that, I would laugh everytime I heard her trying to swallow her nasty green goo. Funny, she never drank it in front of people. :laugh:

Just don't, please don't, it's nasty and serves no purpose.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

no.jpg
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    steve-carrell-office.gif
  • hiraethed
    hiraethed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would say don't cleanse at all. Bodies don't really work like that. If you feel the need to "cleanse" somehow then I would suggest you focus on consuming foods that are good for your internal organs that do the real cleansing. Liver, kidneys, gut. No alcohol, lots of water, lots of leafy greens, lots of fibre and if you're not vegan, yogurts. These are what will really "cleanse" your body!
  • getfitwithlee
    getfitwithlee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thats so crazy! Didn't know cleanses were bad for you! i thought it gave you a actually break from solid and cleaned out your system.. hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you want to clean out your system, just eat more fiber.

All the pseudo-science about "toxins" and whatnot are just full of guff to either try and sell you something, or spewed by people who dont know any better.

Take the juice cleanse a lot of people do. All youre doing is drinking fruit juice, which is basically all the sugar from the fruit, and none of the fiber or nutritious flesh. Youre not getting any protein to build or repair muscle, youre not getting any fats to help break down vitamins. Also keep in mind that your body is an ecosystem of bacteria that help you to function. Changing diets drastically like that, with no solids, can complicate that.

The best you can do for yourself is watch your calorie intake, control what you eat, and exercise regularly. As cheesy as that all sounds, it really does work.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Thats so crazy! Didn't know cleanses were bad for you! i thought it gave you a actually break from solid and cleaned out your system.. hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback

It's not so much that a cleanse is *bad for you* per se, but they are pointless, and do nothing more than help clear out your bowels, which your body is perfectly capable of doing itself.

Many people also think that cleanses are a weight loss tool, however the only weight lost is water weight, which will come right back once solid food is added back to the diet.
  • getfitwithlee
    getfitwithlee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that a cleanse is *bad for you* per se, but they are pointless, and do nothing more than help clear out your bowels, which your body is perfectly capable of doing itself.

Many people also think that cleanses are a weight loss tool, however the only weight lost is water weight, which will come right back once solid food is added back to the diet.
    [/quote]

Very understandable now thanks