water ?

Options
Can drinking too much water hinder weight loss.... i drink alot of water (with a tiny splash of lemon squash)
and i dont think im losing anything fast
for every 400ml water i add a tsp on lemon squash... it says to add more on the bottle but its way to sickly if i do, i like it just as a hint of lemon Hehheehheh
ive been trying really hard to keep my cals down, and my sugars down, but i think i drink too much water
for example today i must of had over 2500ml and today hasnt even finished yet ?

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but the more water you can drink the better for you. Just be sure to log the calories from thr bit of lemon.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Too much water isn't going to hinder your weight loss unless you're also taking in too much sodium, which holds onto water.

Do be careful that you get enough sodium, though. You can actually get dehydrated from drinking too much water because it can throw your electrolyte balance off from peeing so much.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Water is awesome, no calorie, and great for your body. I aim for around 64oz a day; around 8 8oz glasses. Don't worry about it. Your body needs a healthy amount per day to function.
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Agree with others - water is good (8 cups a day is what I see recommended). But all things in moderation.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, as the other users have already said, drink plenty of water.

Your weight loss comes from the calories you put into your body and whether or not you are on a calorie deficit. If you are not logging accurately or are eating over your calorie goals, you will slow down the rate at which you lose weight.
  • d3m1urge
    d3m1urge Posts: 38
    Options
    Did you really just ask if WATER would have a negative effect on weight loss??

Water????
  • askimgeorge
    askimgeorge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did you really just ask if WATER would have a negative effect on weight loss??

Water????

hahaha yes im sorry i dıd aşk if water would be a problem .... i was thinking maybe water retention might slow weightloss lol

thanks for everyones help.. i can carry on drinking loads :-)