C25K...any success stories?

Options
Just started the couch to 5 k with my very soon to be husband and I am amazed and proud at what I am able to do. (Even if it is only the second workout...:bigsmile: ) Does any one on here have any success stories they would share. I am reluctant to believe that I will be running!!

Replies

• athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did it. Love the program. I still am not fond of running, but it helped me establish the foundation that let me run a half marathon last year.
  • dinacav
    dinacav Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been doing it off and on, but I get injured every time I do it. I get shin splints, and it I it's because C25K progresses pretty fast. I need to take it slower :)

On the other hand, my boyfriend started, completed it on time, then ran a half marathon a month later. So, dedication can yield success!
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I completed week 4 day 2 today......which means I'm running for 5 mins!!! :smile:

When I just started I could barely manage the 90 mins of jogging so I'm amazed at my progress.

You can do it!!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love C25k i have done it a few times... I started it about 100lbs ago and I swear it had alot to do with the success I have. So yes success story here!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I did it year before last thanks to my daughter's urging and completed the program but didn't get around to running any races. Began it again last year with the intention of running a 5k in July but had to quit because I hurt my knees. I used to barely be able to run to catch a bus but after I started the C25K program, I'm in love with running. I really miss it. My knees feel better now so I'm going to try it again but take it slower this time.

Good luck and enjoy. :flowerforyou:
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    I did C25K back in 2009. Before I started I could barely run for 5 minutes without tiring.

Now I'm training for my second half marathon (13.1 miles).

It works. Just stick with it!
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I did it, but there were a couple of weeks that I took more like 3 weeks to finish. Listen to your body...it'll tell you how fast you can progress. I started C25K in late July and did the half marathon in October (ran the first 5 miles, walked the rest). This year I'm planning on running the whole thing.
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    Just started the couch to 5 k with my very soon to be husband and I am amazed and proud at what I am able to do. (Even if it is only the second workout...:bigsmile: ) Does any one on here have any success stories they would share. I am reluctant to believe that I will be running!!

I was 200lbs when I started the C25K about 2 years ago. I made it about half way then fell off the wagon. I started back up last spring. This past fall I ran two 5k's and now I am running 6+ miles.....LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I did it! I used to hate running and now I love it. I did it in the fall of 2009 and since then I have completed several 5ks and 10ks as well as finishing a half and full marathon in 2010. I am currently training for another half in Feb. Stick with it, you will do great!
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am currently working my way through it. I find it really hard to keep up to the speed of progress in the C25K so I am going very slowly. I am stuck at 5 minutes right now, but I am hoping to get to the 8 minute run in a couple of workouts. It does work, and its a great program. I used to hate running and now I crave it.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm on my final week of the C25K program.

I ran my first 5K event on New Years Day. Took me 42mins! I was over 200lbs when I started, every pound I lose I run a little faster.

Just stick with it...
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I completed the program in October of last year. Even when I was at my most fit and thinnest I struggled to run mile without stopping. After I finished I was able to run my first 5K without stopping in 37 minutes. I always tell people if it can turn me into a runner it will work for any one. The best part is that before I dreaded going running but now I love it and look forward to it. Now I'm working on running a 10K. Good luck!!!