Day One

linsu
linsu Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I just found this site and am excited about it! I lost 47 lbs. several years ago and kept it off until last February. I realized (after suffering for 10 months) that I had a torn ligament in my hip. I lost the weight by walking daily and eating the right foods. I know that exercise is the key. For those 10 months, I have been sitting (and eating) because of the pain. Now, I can go walking again, but have to work up slowly to any speed or length of time. Any suggestions on exercises that don't use the leg too much? I am very frustrated that I let myself gain a lot of the weight back and that I can't exercise like I was.

Replies

• I just found this site and am excited about it! I lost 47 lbs. several years ago and kept it off until last February. I realized (after suffering for 10 months) that I had a torn ligament in my hip. I lost the weight by walking daily and eating the right foods. I know that exercise is the key. For those 10 months, I have been sitting (and eating) because of the pain. Now, I can go walking again, but have to work up slowly to any speed or length of time. Any suggestions on exercises that don't use the leg too much? I am very frustrated that I let myself gain a lot of the weight back and that I can't exercise like I was.

Have you thought about swimming? Those with injuries have less impact on their knees/hips etc.

or even yoga. :)
  • linsu
    linsu Posts: 2
    I had not thought about swimming, but will try that. I like the yoga idea a lot. I have never really gotten into that but would like to...thanks!
This discussion has been closed.