21 Day fix. Why are the results so good

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
I am amazed at him much people are losing on it. These are REAL people I know who like me dont have much to lose. I'm thrilled if I lose a pound a week but I know people who have lost 5 in the first week using it. . I know that it will tail off but I don't understand the science of how this works, compared to me who,is eating the same amount of calories but not using the system. This is a genuine question by the way. I'm not a coach trying to plug the programme. I just can't understand it and want to know if its worth investing.

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sure the results are great. It's all about calories. This is just a method to cut calories. You don't need to drink shakes and fit all your food into little containers. That is so weird. Just weigh and measure your food and eat what MFP allots you. Simple, easy, free. Real food, no shakes required.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep all still just comes down to a deficit. People always lose big when the water weight comes off first. However the reason most people regain is that replacement meals/shakes are mundane day in day out. They don't learn anything long term about portion control, and they get fed up.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    It is real food- not everyone uses shakeology. Common sense tells me it's not magic but when I eat those calories, I don't lose that weight. That's what I can't understand.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You're probably underestimating your calories - it's extremely easy to do. Their products don't have any magic ingredient that causes extra weight loss (b/c no such thing exists).
  • jaz050465
    Options
    No. I suppose so. Just intriguing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sure the results are great. It's all about calories. This is just a method to cut calories. You don't need to drink shakes and fit all your food into little containers. That is so weird. Just weigh and measure your food and eat what MFP allots you. Simple, easy, free. Real food, no shakes required.
    I don't lose on MFP values. I'm using a portion control plan set by a proper qualified dietician ( not a 'nutritionist' ) which is about 1400 cals and not eating back exercise calories. I have lost about 3 pounds in the last two weeks which I'm happy with. Just interested how people are getting these results eating similar calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jaz, you've been here long enough to know better than this.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I don't lose on MFP values. I'm using a portion control plan set by a proper qualified dietician ( not a 'nutritionist' ) which is about 1400 cals and not eating back exercise calories. I have lost about 3 pounds in the last two weeks which I'm happy with. Just interested how people are getting these results eating similar calories.

You are losing because you are at a deficit.
    Twenty one day fix is a short term focused program which is good, people can usually commit and focus for three weeks.

What does it mean for the long term? Are you going to live out of those colorful tupperware for the rest of your life?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    OK. I KNOW, I KNOW!!! It DOESNT make sense. That's why I'm asking the question. These people sent lieing. I know it's only wTer weight but still- I never lose that amount of ANY weight!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    OK. I KNOW, I KNOW!!! It DOESNT make sense. That's why I'm asking the question. These people sent lieing. I know it's only wTer weight but still- I never lose that amount of ANY weight!

Then you're eating more than/the same amount as what you're burning. Simples.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Haha ... No..I posted my link for people like me who have done everything like myself.. But thank you so much for poking fun.. I can only imagine what a positive inspiration you are for people

He keeps it under wraps, but he's pretty inspiring in many ways.

He's one of the few (aside from maybe Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group and a few others) that knows his stuff and has common sense..and he's not afraid to show it! :laugh:
  • DavPul
    Options
    Haha ... No..I posted my link for people like me who have done everything like myself.. But thank you so much for poking fun.. I can only imagine what a positive inspiration you are for people

3 posts in 3 years, one of which is about eating 1000 calories per day, two of which are about selling shakeology, and wants to get into a "who's the most supportive" competition....
  • haita323
    haita323 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ahhhh... Like I said before ... I've tried everything even my fitness pal, calorie count etc so that explains my lack of involvement here.. I'm not selling anything.. I don't have to, I added the link for people who were curious about it and to give more info than someone on here giving info about something they have no idea what they are talking about.. I was googling 21dayfix to a post I saw before on a recipe and stumbled upon this thread and left my comment.. I was sharing MY story with it.. I don't see where I was poking fun or slamming anyone on here.. I was giving MY story in short..
  • cmeiron
    Options

You're new here, aren't you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sooo I have to comment I currently am on my 2 nd round of 21 day fix.. Yes it is a deficit however I have tried shakes, pills, counting calories and workout 5 days.. Over the past 7 years I have lost around 40 lbs which is great ... I tried ww which everyone I know looses but I didn't ...this is the only program that works for me because I'm accountable with the containers I actually was eating very clean but not balanced (you can not achieve by over eating on good foods) now on to the shakeology.. It's amazing.. It's not just for weight loss it's packed with over 70 nutrients that would be impossible and expensive to buy separate.. If I don't have my shakeology I feel like crap.. It allso lowers blood pressure, heart disease , energy and chemical free.. You don't live out of the containers either it's a way for you actually see what and how much we eat.. Anywho good luck to everyone on their journey in being the best you :) that is what it's all about at the end of the day.. Different strokes for different folks..

It's also not water weight.. It's in the inches.. Proof is in the pudding :)

Your post violates the community guidelines. You're not allowed to advertise here. But then, you probably know that since MFP doesn't let you post a link to beachbody without telling you as much.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Your post violates the community guidelines. You're not allowed to advertise here. But then, you probably know that since MFP doesn't let you post a link to beachbody without telling you as much.
    Any link? Cool. Now I must try this.
    ::: deleted link to beachbody home page :::

Hmm, I must not have done it right. Anyway, yeah, spamming spammer is spammy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://www.beachbody.com/

ETA: I must not have done it right. Anyway, yeah, spamming spammer is spammy.

I don't know, but it wouldn't let me post the quote with her site in it until I acknowledged that it was against the CG (all hail).
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    http://www.beachbody.com/

ETA: I must not have done it right. Anyway, yeah, spamming spammer is spammy.

I don't know, but it wouldn't let me post the quote with her site in it until I acknowledged that it was against the CG (all hail).
    Yeah, I was just curious. :smile:
  • DavPul
    Options
    ::: deleted link to beachbody home page :::

Hmm, I must not have done it right. Anyway, yeah, spamming spammer is spammy.

You did it wrong. The bb homepage is fine. It's the bb coach links that get flagged. Copy her link or even try to quote her post and you'll see the warning