The best application to track workouts

Options
Hi all
What's the best free Android application to track workouts that can be linked to MFP? Endomondo? Runtastic?
Do you use any applications that you like?

I realized that most of the applications are made to keep track of running/walking plans and I still don't know what's the best among them. And when it comes to keeping track of all the workouts, what's the best?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Iron_Rose
    Iron_Rose Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried runtastic, because I am not a runner. I do like Endomondo. I got a chest strap heart monitor to wear with it, and it gives me a pretty good calorie burn read out. But that's just my preference. :)
  • Insomniac8
    Insomniac8 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm also not a runner, planning to start walking though. I guess I need an app to record logs both for walking/running and other workouts.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyfitness, it works pretty well for me :smile:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper and Endomondo are good, personally I use both of those.

I wouldn't recommend either MApMyFitness or Runtastic, I've had problems with both of them.

Strava has a good reputation as well
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have used mapmyfitness for runs and other sorts of workouts and it syncs with myfitnesspal.
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely Endomondo! I recommend it to everyone. I love it and its very user friendly and informative.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I have Runtastic You can track other actives besides running with it but I use it for running. I also use Digifit
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I like Endomondo
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper for cycling, running, and walking. An old fashioned notebook for lifting.
  • Insomniac8
    Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I'll go with Endomondo.
  • Insomniac8
    Options
    Zumba is not listed under workout in Endomondo. Annoying!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    notebook and a pen...
  • Insomniac8
    Options
    notebook and a pen...

LOL! That's what I used to do for calorie counting before finding this site!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    notebook and a pen...

I like my notebook because it has all my weight lifting workouts in it, so I can refer back and see how I am progressing, or, when at the gym, if I want to a different exercise I can refer back to an older one to see how much weight I was using, and how many sets and reps I was doing….

I also do not find it that tedious….
  • Insomniac8
    Options

I like my notebook because it has all my weight lifting workouts in it, so I can refer back and see how I am progressing, or, when at the gym, if I want to a different exercise I can refer back to an older one to see how much weight I was using, and how many sets and reps I was doing….

A good fitness application keeps track of all you just mentioned!
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    notebook and a pen...

I use Jefit for my lifting.