Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many squats can you do without stopping?

100 squat challenge (YouTube)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    did 20 at 175 lbs- and that was enough fun for me. That was about 2 months ago.
  • Lol
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    If I can do more than 5, I add weight to the bar. Thanks for asking.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    I can do 2 sets of 10 with my body weight of 185 plus 90 pounds of barbell weights.
  • You guys should all go to youtube and type in (100 squat challenge) and do it. I'm gonna do it right now
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    You guys should all go to youtube and type in (100 squat challenge) and do it. I'm gonna do it right now

why do 100 body weight squats when it's so much faster and more effective to do weighted?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    You guys should all go to youtube and type in (100 squat challenge) and do it. I'm gonna do it right now

why do 100 body weight squats when it's so much faster and more effective to do weighted?

This.
  • You guys should all go to youtube and type in (100 squat challenge) and do it. I'm gonna do it right now

Some people only have body weight to use. It's a very effective workout. 10 different kinds of squats 10 times
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    i did my own version of 100 squat challenge.
    you have 1 hour to complete 100 reps in a 20x5 format. mine went like this.
    started with 135x5, add 10lbs for every set, and ended with 325x5 to complete the 100. then for ****s and giggles i loaded 405 and repped it 3 times for fun. i did them all in 50 minutes flat including the 405x3.
    the first 5 sets were done in 5 minutes, second 5 sets at 12 minutes 3rd 5 sets at 24 minutes, 4th 5 sets done at 42 minutes, and the 405x3 was at the 50 minute mark. that all includes me loading and unloading all the weights by myself. they also were all full competition depth, none of that half squat garbage. no belt, no knee wraps, just my elitefts knee sleeves and addidas powerlift 2.0 shoes. anyone else game for it? i didnt use any kind of percentages i just threw on 135 and went with it. next time ill start with 145 and go from there and try to finish with 405x3-4 again.

someone else wanna try this one with me.....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    If the OP doesn't have access to barbells then doing bodyweight squats is great.

I prefer weighted squats but did do bodyweight squats before I started lifting.

ETA: even if the OP has access to do weighted squats and doesn't want to there should not be any chastizing of that...personal preference...not everyone wants to be a lifter.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    If I can do more than 5, I add weight to the bar. Thanks for asking.

I tend to go for 8 but yep - if too many reps too little weights!
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    No enough
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    I can do 70 without stopping

I do bodyweight squats at home all the time while waiting for food to cook in the microwave or during ads on tv or before my shower

I do warm up sets 5x5 then 5x5 sets at my current weight I am lifting.

It's all a great acheivement for me because not only are my knees really bad, they dislocate easily, my legs are uneven and my hips are unaligned as is my back (I have broken my back a couple of times). I am sharing all that cos I am proud lol no shame.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    Some people only have body weight to use. It's a very effective workout. 10 different kinds of squats 10 times

Love it! When I was training in Crew (rowing team) we did lots of unweighted squats, but we added an explosive jump to them. It's an amazing workout!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    200-300 air squats, 20 @ 175, 14@185, a couple at 225#...I was a recreational pole dancer for a while so we did 200-300 squat challenges usually one day per week because you use squat-like movements so much in your floor work that you have to have good muscle endurance. It gets really slow though and you're beating on your legs because they are killin ya. Sometimes in CrossFit, we do tabata with air squats but the catch is in the 10 seconds of rest, you have to rest in the bottom position in an isometric hold. I got 170 in our last set of 8 20-second rounds with a 10 second hold at the bottom of each round.
  • geek23ka
    geek23ka Posts: 38 Member
    i did my own version of 100 squat challenge.
    you have 1 hour to complete 100 reps in a 20x5 format. mine went like this.
    started with 135x5, add 10lbs for every set, and ended with 325x5 to complete the 100. then for ****s and giggles i loaded 405 and repped it 3 times for fun. i did them all in 50 minutes flat including the 405x3.
    the first 5 sets were done in 5 minutes, second 5 sets at 12 minutes 3rd 5 sets at 24 minutes, 4th 5 sets done at 42 minutes, and the 405x3 was at the 50 minute mark. that all includes me loading and unloading all the weights by myself. they also were all full competition depth, none of that half squat garbage. no belt, no knee wraps, just my elitefts knee sleeves and addidas powerlift 2.0 shoes. anyone else game for it? i didnt use any kind of percentages i just threw on 135 and went with it. next time ill start with 145 and go from there and try to finish with 405x3-4 again.

someone else wanna try this one with me.....

that's pretty awesome, there. i kinda want to do it. of course my max is much lower than yours.

for those who don't have access to barbells, you could try squat thrusts or burpees for a greater challenge.
  • I love the way I feel after doing the 100 squat challenge. It ends with to jump squats also
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    IDK how many I can do but I need weighted squats now. That would be too aerobic and I already have enough of that. Good job on a bunch of squats tho!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

google squat progression.

100 is still too many unless you are specifically training muscle endurance.
    One leg squat
    pistol squat
    shrimg squat
    split squat

all great options without having to do 100.

but if you LIKE doing that many squats- then go forth- and do the squats.

Anybody who does ANY squats is still doing something worth doing.
    Just be careful of repetitive stress injuries kids.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    [/quote]

100 is still too many unless you are specifically training muscle endurance.

[/quote]

Unless you are training old school and going for German volume training (a.k.a. 100's)!