Zumba question help please

Options
I just recently started Zumba but I dont see it in the exercise datababe so what would I long it as?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you can add it yourself i you know your Heart Rate
  • RobertsMommy
    RobertsMommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aw man I don't!
  • best4me
    Options
    You can log it as dancing
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Zumba is considered "Cardio" workouts, so enter them in Cardio, and enter your calories burned based on your intensity, age, gender, weight, fitness level (resting heart rate). It isn't an exact science to use the numbers in the database anyway..Depends on your intensity level.

But if you just enter Cardio, Circuit Training into the Exercise database, you should get a result that's reasonable to use if you kept your heart rate up during the entire exercise period.
  • Jesseann
    Jesseann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Maybe aerobics or dancing???
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Or you can check several online sites, get their "guesses" (because it is a guess) and use an average.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Did Zumba today for the first time and LOVED it! FYI - one girl was wearing an armbanc and she burned 845 calories during the workout, now she was really rocking it - but gives you an idea. I figured aerobics high impact worked.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    use high impact aerobics. i did until i got my hrm. it was only off by about 20 calories from what my hrm says.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    no doubt i can burn 800 calories EASY and i'm so out of shape lol
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I record it as general aerobics but that may be a little low but I'd rather show lower calories burned than the higher to help motivate me to eat less:)
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    My wife is a zumba instructor and averages 600/hr, but is petite and in good shape.
  • RobertsMommy
    RobertsMommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all that was helpful!