Can anyone recommend a good cardio workout for beginners?

Options
Sugar_05
Sugar_05 Posts: 5 Member
Hi, I've been doing the jillian michels "30 day shred" but Ive gotten bored with it & I honestly think I've built muscle instead of loose weight. So far my treadmill has been the only thing I've been using b/c I can see exactly how many calories I've burned & that important to me. I would like to do a workout that gets results, fun (maybe but it'd be nice) & one where I can at least google how many calories I've lost doing it.

Replies

• SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Zumba DVDs... specifically the Zumba Fitness ones. They keep it fun and honestly, it's organized fitness dancing. Too fun and a great way to break a huge sweat.
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started out with Lesley Sansone (walking workout with hand weights). Jillian Michaels was too hard for me (joint issues). My cable also offers workouts on demand and I really like the kick boxing for cardio workouts.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    What results are you looking to get?
    Calorie burn or improvement in fitness?

Joining a local running club motivated me to actually get out running more.
    Using a push bike to get around saved money, time and burnt calories so I could eat more.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Invest in a HRM most likely the treadmill over estimates. I started with Leslie & Jillian as well. The key is finding something you like and you will continue to do. Good luck!
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Join a gym and take the classes that are offered. You can modify the moves when you are first starting out
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    skipping :)
  • Sugar_05
    Sugar_05 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those are all some good ideas Im looking to lose weight so I may switch it up & try some different workout videos. I cancelled my gym membership b/c I'm looking for work or I would go to the gym :) I think I might try Leslie I've never heard of her workout dvd's.